1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Walking with my Son...

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Brian Mosley, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hello everyone,

I had a really special afternoon walking with my son through the Peak District this today. Here are a few images from our walk.

All taken with the E-P2 + 20mm f1.7... carried in my jacket pocket on a wrist strap.

C&C Welcome and appreciated :polling:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 6
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Brian,
    I like the last one very much......

Shooter

3. Brian Mosley

Dec 15, 2009
    Thanks Don, it was off... I've removed the black frame edge, hopefully that won't ruin the eye travel.

Cheers

Brian

4. andyw

andyw Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Surrey. UK
    LOVE LOVE LOVE The last one ~Still~

Awesome!!!!!

5. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    touching , such a wonderful shot , and some of the best use of flare ive ever seen

• Like Like x 1
  6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Brian, you already know how in love I am with your last photograph and I agree with cosinaphile as to the some the best use of lens flare I've ever seen.

The first one threw me off with the seeming divide between the light and dark even though that view of the clear water or black ice is amazing. For me the combination of the white frozen ice and the dark "water" just was too confusing...I kept having to refocus between the two.

The next two are perfectly fine but not "remarkable" - in my not so humble opinion. As stunning as they day may have been, photographically these do not seem up to snuff with your other photos. I'm being very straightforward here, having seen many of your photographs both here and on your website. I would normally pull my punches, but I feel OK with being completely upfront with you. That said, your last shot is a winner!!!!:biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Brian Mosley

Dec 15, 2009
    Thanks BB - this is where I think that our friendships around this forum will be of huge value, where we know each other well enough to enjoy honest feedback.

I really appreciate you all taking the time to comment - and I'm definitely taking on board the advice.

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 1
  8. DeanD

DeanD Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 19, 2010
    New York City
    I wish my kids would let me photograph them! That last shot is stunning not only on its technical merit and beauty but what it conveys about hope and potential (the rays of sunlight) with an underlying tentativeness (downward/inward gaze) in young adults of this age (early teen?).

- Dean

• Like Like x 1
  9. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Brian,
    Thanks for the frame thing.

10. BlairMacKay

BlairMacKay Mu-43 Regular

Jan 8, 2010
    Calgary, Alberta
    Nice shots, the last one inparticular is stunning. Thanks for sharing!

11. steve

steve Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2010
    Havertown, PA
    I think "Still" just won the black and white contest. Awesome image.

12. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    Still

is my fave, it conveys emotion/atmosphere which makes it special.

Thanks for posting

13. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    great set!!

14. rst

rst Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2010
    Germany
    Well, I like those images. They are very atmospheric and I like the warm colors. BUT - I like b&w ones more especially the last one. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers
    rst

15. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Morning Brian

as usual lovely images - personally I do not like the solid black borders to the frame - I feel that they are too dominant and detract, (pull you away), from the image

just IMHO

16. Brian Mosley

Dec 15, 2009
    Thanks Bill - to be clear, do you mean the 3d raised frame around the black border, or the whole black border thing?

Really appreciate your feedback.

Cheers

Brian

17. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    The whole black border thing - it is just too dominant and in my view, takes you away from the image

18. Brian Mosley

Dec 15, 2009
    OK Bill,

you're taking me back to my earlier question To frame, or not to frame... I haven't made my mind up yet, still experimenting - so your comments on this are appreciated.

Cheers

Brian

19. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    Brian

As I mentioned earlier I tend to like frames, I do think yours have been a little to big with to much border, that is just my personal preference of course

Phil

20. Raimondi

Raimondi Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 19, 2009
    All very nice - yet the last one is stunning!