Walking with my Son...

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Hello everyone,

I had a really special afternoon walking with my son through the Peak District this today. Here are a few images from our walk.

All taken with the E-P2 + 20mm f1.7... carried in my jacket pocket on a wrist strap.

C&C Welcome and appreciated :polling:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking!

Cheers

Brian

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Thanks Don, it was off... I've removed the black frame edge, hopefully that won't ruin the eye travel.

Cheers

Brian

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Brian, you already know how in love I am with your last photograph and I agree with cosinaphile as to the some the best use of lens flare I've ever seen.

The first one threw me off with the seeming divide between the light and dark even though that view of the clear water or black ice is amazing. For me the combination of the white frozen ice and the dark "water" just was too confusing...I kept having to refocus between the two.

The next two are perfectly fine but not "remarkable" - in my not so humble opinion. As stunning as they day may have been, photographically these do not seem up to snuff with your other photos. I'm being very straightforward here, having seen many of your photographs both here and on your website. I would normally pull my punches, but I feel OK with being completely upfront with you. That said, your last shot is a winner!!!!:biggrin:

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Thanks BB - this is where I think that our friendships around this forum will be of huge value, where we know each other well enough to enjoy honest feedback.

I really appreciate you all taking the time to comment - and I'm definitely taking on board the advice.

Cheers

Brian

DeanD

Mu-43 Rookie
I wish my kids would let me photograph them! That last shot is stunning not only on its technical merit and beauty but what it conveys about hope and potential (the rays of sunlight) with an underlying tentativeness (downward/inward gaze) in young adults of this age (early teen?).

- Dean

rst

Mu-43 Regular
Well, I like those images. They are very atmospheric and I like the warm colors. BUT - I like b&w ones more especially the last one. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers
rst

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
Morning Brian

as usual lovely images - personally I do not like the solid black borders to the frame - I feel that they are too dominant and detract, (pull you away), from the image

just IMHO

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Thanks Bill - to be clear, do you mean the 3d raised frame around the black border, or the whole black border thing?

Really appreciate your feedback.

Cheers

Brian

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
Thanks Bill - to be clear, do you mean the 3d raised frame around the black border, or the whole black border thing?

Really appreciate your feedback.

Cheers

Brian
The whole black border thing - it is just too dominant and in my view, takes you away from the image

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom