Walking 2650 miles to help feed the homeless - Please sponsor us :)

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Messiah Khan, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Messiah Khan

Messiah Khan New to Mu-43

Jul 2, 2011
    Me and my wife are going to walk from Mexico to Canada, starting on April 26th this year. It should take us just under 6 months to cover the 2650miles all being well. All self supported, with feet the only form of transport and a tent the main accommodation (I’m sure we won’t be able to resist the pull of a bed and shower in the resupply towns).

It takes us over 700 miles of desert, over numerous mountain ranges, past volcanoes and through dense forests. We will be living and sleeping out in the true wilderness, beneath the start and amongst he bears!

We are raising money to help feed and shelter the homeless through a charity called People's Kitchen;

People's Kitchen

Please take a moment to sponsor us. Any amount, little or large is greatly appreciated. You can sponsor us via thanksgiving;

Just Giving

With the current financial climate, a lot of people have fallen on hard times. Just take a moment to consider those who have fallen the furthest and are now sleeping on the streets and struggling to feed themselves. People's Kitchen does a great job of working directly with those people to help feed them and get them back on their feet.

If you want to follow our progress, you can do so by reading our blog;

Alasdair Fowler Photography

or follow us on twitter;

Twitter

We will be trying to write regular updates as we go along. And yes, there will be loads of photos when we come back. :thumbs:

Thanks for reading, and thanks for any support, it is greatly appreciated! :)

• Like Like x 1