Walked into my local Camera shop today...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by UnivTex34, Sep 13, 2011.

1. UnivTex34

UnivTex34 Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2011
    I still had not seen any of the 3rd generation models in person, and decided I needed to look and see what I was missing....

And damnnit, wouldn't you know, I walked out $700 poorer, and a silver E-PL3 richer....

I will say this.... HOLY FAST FOCUS BATMAN!!!

I was an E-PL1 user, and wow, what a breath of fresh air this thing is....

Now to try and actually get some work done today, instead of taking pictures of every square inch of my office....

• Like Like x 3
  2. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
  3. UnivTex34

UnivTex34 Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2011
  4. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Precision? If so, did they magically have a 45mm in stock?! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

5. UnivTex34

UnivTex34 Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2011
    I didn't ask, they already took one paycheck from me, couldn't afford 2....

6. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Congratulations. I recently bought a black one and its really a great little camera. I don't love the ergonomics when I hold it up near my face, but I'm hoping the Franiac grip will help there and its not bad. But everything else about it is pretty great. After spending serious time with the EP3 and the EPL3, I ultimately chose the little guy and I REALLY liked the EP3.

-Ray

7. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Congrats UnivTex!

I think the E-PL3 would be especially good as a street camera with the tilt screen... I see why you like it so much, Ray. And it sure looks like it will benefit from Richard's grip adaptor.

8. UnivTex34

UnivTex34 Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2011
    Link to grip???

Edit: I found it.... Wish he was doing it in silver...

9. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    On a side note, I think its funny to now see the Oly guys appreciate what the Panny guys have been saying for a long time...

10. Ray Sachs

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Here you go:

Richard Franiec's Camera Accessories

There's also the Flipbac grip that comes in three different shapes and should work well on the EPL3, but is more generic and adaptable to several cameras. There's another thread about it floating around here somewhere...

-Ray

11. Ray Sachs

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Oly guys? Pany guys? I guess I was an Oly guy when I had an EP2 I loved but was really frustrated by the slow reactions. And then I guess I was a Pany guy when I had a gf-1 and a GH2 (and an LX5 for that matter). And I guess I'm an Oly guy again now that Oly has combined the fast AF with the other features I always liked with Oly cameras. But what was I when I had the gf1 but still had the EP2? Was there a name for me then? And what about that bried period after I'd sold my last Pany (the GH2) and didn't have ANY m43 bodies (just a bag of lenses waiting for mating.

I guess I have periodic identity crises - must be nice to always know what you are...

-Ray

12. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Bi? Tranny? LOL

Ray - you are part of the very select few who it doesn't matter what camera is in your hand, it'll work.

13. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Congrats on the new toy my fellow Longhorn!!

It sure would be nice if Precision did carry the 45mm. I'm starting to think it's just vaporware ...

14. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    We're all photographers... subset: micro four thirds... but with open minds about what develops down the road.:2thumbs:

15. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Congrats on the new camera! Do you have a Panasonic 14mm? My wife is currently using that with her E-PL3 and it is amazingly compact package.

16. UnivTex34

UnivTex34 Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2011
    No 14...

I have the 20 though, it pretty much stays attached 23 hours of the day....

17. burndtjamb

burndtjamb New to Mu-43

Sep 12, 2011
    Is the body constructed from mostly metal? I'm waiting on a silver E-PL3 to arrive myself.

18. UnivTex34

UnivTex34 Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2011
    that is what it looks and feels like....

but couldn't be 100% sure...

19. Yotsuba

Yotsuba Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2010
    Singapore
    Congrats on getting your new camera.

Do you still have your EPL1? Are there are differences in picture quality or colours between the EPL1 & 3 ?

20. UnivTex34

UnivTex34 Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2011
    Ray might be able to answer that, as I have yet to really take any pics with the 3 yet...

• Like Like x 1