Walk through Bluebell Woods

Harribo

Mu-43 Regular
From last weekend.

I had greater difficulty rendering the blue of the bluebells than I did last year with my Sony A700 DSLR. They were shot in raw and I used Silkypix for processing. I wonder how in camera JPEGs would have coped?

All taken with GF1 & 20mm

Attachments

• P1010586.jpg
    P1010586.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 194
  • P1010612.jpg
    P1010612.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 181
  • P1010617.jpg
    P1010617.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 193
  • P1010601.jpg
    P1010601.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 184

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
These bluebell blues look pretty good to me, as a matter of fact they look great. So you found them really off before you did any post processing?

If you're asking for some help, I can move this into Image Works where you'd probably get many more responses. Most of the time photos in the Genre gallery areas tend to be more geared towards people looking at other peoples photos, as opposed to getting into serious discussions. Let me know if you'd like me to move this Harribo. If I put in in Image Works, you could also upload the RAW image and give more details on the EXIF data, as well.

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
I think you did a good job....there's interest in them pics....
I think you have a problem because of Silkypix......
it leaves much to be desired........try the files in a different program like LR...
shooter

Boyzo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Very nice work .. lovely :smile:
Larger images would be nice.

From last weekend.

I had greater difficulty rendering the blue of the bluebells than I did last year with my Sony A700 DSLR. They were shot in raw and I used Silkypix for processing. I wonder how in camera JPEGs would have coped?

All taken with GF1 & 20mm

deckitout

Mu-43 Veteran
I processed mine in LR, shot with the G1, my greens were like yours which I didn't feel was quite right so I played until I got these

orsey2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

norsey1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

pete_t

Mu-43 Regular
They are lovely images and I particularly like the second one looking through the leaves.

I do not use Silkypix as I found it awful to use compared to Lightroom or Aperture (my favourite), but I would reach for the white balance controls to tweak those colours. The colours look (on my monitor) right on the 1st and 2nd images but not quite there on 3 and 4, particularly the blue. In Aperture I would copy the settings for image 1 or 2 and apply to the others. I know that's not helpful if Silkypix cannot do that but...

Harribo

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks for your comments.

Opening the RAW files in silkypix at default setting the colours were not great. It took more tweaking (to get the green and blue correct) than I am used to when dealing with raw files.
I have found that GF1/Silkypix sometimes struggles with green foliage, but I got close enough in the end.

Latest threads

Top Bottom