1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Walk the commute

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Tarmo, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Tarmo

Tarmo Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 9, 2013
    Helsinki, Finland
    I finally bit the bullet (financially) and acquired a Panasonic 35-100mm to accompany my E-M5. Today I walked to work and back home for the first time this spring, and it was thoroughly enjoyable, especially with this lens. The light in Helsinki is challenging since the classic sunrise/sunset hours are not available at convenient times for most of the year, but I guess now is that time.

As always, all constructive comments and suggestions are most appreciated.

2. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Very nice images, love the ducks! Are these Jpegs?

3. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    nice set and congrats... i also just bit the melting bullet. :biggrin:

4. Tarmo

Tarmo Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 9, 2013
    Helsinki, Finland
    These are converted from RAW, but with very little editing. The first photo has more WB/contrast adjustment but the rest are basically just cropped.

5. Tarmo

Tarmo Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 9, 2013
    Helsinki, Finland
    Frosty benches

I tried the same thing today and got only one shot worth not deleting. It takes some effort to focus on photo opportunities (especially with a telephoto) and doesn't feel easy after a long day in the office. I'll still try to take some more tomorrow and recommend the (very unoriginal) "challenge" to other readers as well.

I tried to remove the flare by desaturating selected colors, which I think worked pretty well since the image is isn't otherwise very colorful. I haven't investigated if there's a standard technique for this.