Walk in the Woods with new 40-150 F2.8

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by newphoto, Dec 9, 2014.

1. newphoto

newphoto Mu-43 Regular

Oct 12, 2013
    Oklahoma
    Colin
    Had our first sunny day here in Oklhoma so I took my new 40-150 F2.8 for a walk in the woods. I wanted to get a feel for it's use a wild life lens, macro lens, and most importantly check a recent reviewer'ss report of a tendency to flare when shot towards the sun. I was unable to reproduce the kind of flare the reviewer showed, even shooting directly at the sun, however, I did manage a few donut spots in the background. I didn't find those very objectionable. I am going to suggest that the reviewer may have a copy that is de-centered a bit, a problem that frequently can result in flare like chromatic aberrations. Don't want to flog a dead horse here, but I can show examples if requested if someone will tell me how to do it? I guess I don't know how to link my pictures to an URL? On the whole I think this new lens is a remarkable addition to the M4/3's lineup.

• Like Like x 3
  2. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    If you don't have a image hosting account, click "Go Advanced" here and you can upload images.

If you do have an image hosting account, copy the 'embed image' link from there and paste it into a post here.

Barry

3. 50orsohours

50orsohours Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 13, 2013
    Portland Oregon
    Would love to see some pictures.

4. newphoto

newphoto Mu-43 Regular

Oct 12, 2013
    Oklahoma
    Colin
    • Like Like x 9