Walk in the Woods with new 40-150 F2.8

newphoto

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Colin
Had our first sunny day here in Oklhoma so I took my new 40-150 F2.8 for a walk in the woods. I wanted to get a feel for it's use a wild life lens, macro lens, and most importantly check a recent reviewer'ss report of a tendency to flare when shot towards the sun. I was unable to reproduce the kind of flare the reviewer showed, even shooting directly at the sun, however, I did manage a few donut spots in the background. I didn't find those very objectionable. I am going to suggest that the reviewer may have a copy that is de-centered a bit, a problem that frequently can result in flare like chromatic aberrations. Don't want to flog a dead horse here, but I can show examples if requested if someone will tell me how to do it? I guess I don't know how to link my pictures to an URL? On the whole I think this new lens is a remarkable addition to the M4/3's lineup.

barry13

Mu-43.com Editor
Real Name
Barry
If you don't have a image hosting account, click "Go Advanced" here and you can upload images.

If you do have an image hosting account, copy the 'embed image' link from there and paste it into a post here.

Barry

newphoto

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Colin
sHOTS FROM a wALK IN THE wOODS

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

newphoto

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Colin
And One More

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom