Waiting on a OM-D

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by jpmac55, Dec 5, 2012.

1. jpmac55

jpmac55 Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 3, 2012
    Averill Park, NY
    Hi folks, new member. Waiting on my first 4/3 camera, the OM-D. Recently shifted from a Leica M system, deciding on this or Fuji X.
  2. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    John, welcome aboard!

I've found the OM-D EM-5 to be a satisfactory and enjoyable system.

You'll find plenty of information on this site to help you get off to a running start with your new kit.

3. Yohan Pamudji

Yohan Pamudji Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 21, 2012
    Mississippi, USA
    Welcome! Hope you enjoy the E-M5. What lens(es) do you have coming with it?
  4. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    SE Essex, UK
    Hi John, welcome to the forum.

I recently got my OM-D and am loving it.

Ask away when you get it, the settings/options are numerous !:smile:
  5. jpmac55

jpmac55 Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 3, 2012
    Averill Park, NY

Getting the kit lens that comes with the silver camera and the Olympus 12mm.
  6. Jman

Jman Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Definitely don't judge the system by the quality of the Oly kit lens...it's average at best (though versatile). The 12mm is a very nice lens. There are some real gems in the system, and if you stick with it, I think, especially coming from Leica, that you'd be looking forward to the PL 25mm f/1.4 and Olympus 45mm f/1.8 and 75mm f/1.8. Those three plus the 12mm make for a fantastic kit from wide to medium telephoto.
  7. jpmac55

jpmac55 Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 3, 2012
    Averill Park, NY
    Thanks for lens suggestions. I haven't really looked into the PL 25mm but I will now.

Besides the many great lenses from Leica and other companies producing M mounts, one of the most rewarding benefits of Leica systems is its simplicity. I know there will be a learning curve with the OM-D but look forward to it. My aging eyes won't miss manual focus and I am not sure I felt great about the price of Leica products. Thanks to collectors, many of Leica products make for good investments but, well, you know what I mean.
  8. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Welcome to the forum!