1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Waiting on a OM-D

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by jpmac55, Dec 5, 2012.

1. jpmac55

jpmac55 Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 3, 2012
    Averill Park, NY
    Hi folks, new member. Waiting on my first 4/3 camera, the OM-D. Recently shifted from a Leica M system, deciding on this or Fuji X.

2. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    John, welcome aboard!

I've found the OM-D EM-5 to be a satisfactory and enjoyable system.

You'll find plenty of information on this site to help you get off to a running start with your new kit.

Regards,

Jim

3. Yohan Pamudji

Yohan Pamudji Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 21, 2012
    Mississippi, USA
    Welcome! Hope you enjoy the E-M5. What lens(es) do you have coming with it?

4. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    S.Yorkshire, UK
    Les
    Hi John, welcome to the forum.

I recently got my OM-D and am loving it.

Ask away when you get it, the settings/options are numerous !:smile:

5. jpmac55

jpmac55 Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 3, 2012
    Averill Park, NY
    Thanks!

Getting the kit lens that comes with the silver camera and the Olympus 12mm.

6. Jman

Jman Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Definitely don't judge the system by the quality of the Oly kit lens...it's average at best (though versatile). The 12mm is a very nice lens. There are some real gems in the system, and if you stick with it, I think, especially coming from Leica, that you'd be looking forward to the PL 25mm f/1.4 and Olympus 45mm f/1.8 and 75mm f/1.8. Those three plus the 12mm make for a fantastic kit from wide to medium telephoto.

7. jpmac55

jpmac55 Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 3, 2012
    Averill Park, NY
    Thanks for lens suggestions. I haven't really looked into the PL 25mm but I will now.

Besides the many great lenses from Leica and other companies producing M mounts, one of the most rewarding benefits of Leica systems is its simplicity. I know there will be a learning curve with the OM-D but look forward to it. My aging eyes won't miss manual focus and I am not sure I felt great about the price of Leica products. Thanks to collectors, many of Leica products make for good investments but, well, you know what I mean.

8. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Takis
    Welcome to the forum!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.