Waiting is the hardest part, so I gave in.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by whatisinthebag, Aug 13, 2012.

1. whatisinthebag

whatisinthebag Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Central California
    Five months of waiting.

You'd think the desire would begin to wane with the passage of time.

Then one day last week I stumble across this image on flickr:

With a flurry of cognitive dissonance :confused: from months of lurking here and there, watching video reviews, reading all the bellyaching from Panasonic, Sony, Fuji, Olympus fan camps (both positives and negatives), I was at odds of wants vs. needs.

Then all of your great OM-D image threads washed over me like a cleansing wave of wonder.

But. That picture. I kept looking at it. That picture reminded me of how over-the-moon I was last year when I got my E-PL3 and took this picture:

I remembered just gushing when i took this photo :cool:

OM1 and EPL3 by staticantics, on Flickr

The picture I saw last week made my nostalgia-meter explode and I ordered a new silver OM-D EM-5.

Wednesday can't come fast enough.
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    I guess a new om-d is "what's in the bag" :biggrin: congrats to your new purchase and dont forget to share those images!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. whatisinthebag

whatisinthebag Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Central California
    :smile: That nickname comes from photojournalism, always lugging my domke j2 bag around. Often (when not taking pictures) in classrooms, coffee shops and elsewhere people would always ask me what is in the bag. It is rather unassuming and not shaped like most laptop, schoolbook bags and the like.

I'm itching with anticipation to share some images.
  4. btango05

btango05 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 8, 2012
    Lathrop CA
    I know how you feel good sir...how come days come and go so fast when you're not waiting for the delivery truck? I've called in sick in some cases when I'm waiting for a new toy to arrive...seriously! The OM-D was no exception...however the delivery date was on my day off. I'm waiting for my 20mm to arrive tomorrow. I'm a Amazon prime member so I pay $3.99 for next day delivery if the item is eligible. I will keep an eye out for your pics in the gallery thread! Looks like we're on the same time zone so Monday at 4pm...just a day and a wake up!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. cputeq

cputeq Mu-43 Regular

Jul 27, 2012
    Albuquerque, NM
    Very cool, congrats. I wanted the silver OM-D as my first m43 camera, but I couldn't find it anywhere (or even the black) in stock so I caved and bought a black used one from FM - great little camera, but the silver one looks a bit cooler ;)
  6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Waiting is definitely hard, but I waited for the price to fall on the E-P3 and the advent of the OM-D caused that to happen much sooner than I expected. I'm gonna keep waiting for the price drop on the OM-D and spend some quality time with the E-P3. :biggrin:
  7. mperete

mperete Mu-43 Regular

Jul 11, 2012
    NSW Australia
    Waiting sucks (especially when buying stuff off ebay sellers in HongKong).

On a different note, I really find it nice when people share with much enthusiasm something they're excited about. Good on you, whatsinthebag :2thumbs:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    That's why I bought the black body that happened to be in stock when I walked into the store, rather than waiting several months for the silver body I wanted...but now I have both. :rofl: