Waiting for wine

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Tecpatl4, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Tecpatl4

Tecpatl4 Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 16, 2010
    San Sebastien Winery, St. Augustine. Waiting for the wine tasting to begin. They were in better spirits when they left.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Why would they make people wait for wine? You can't make people wait for wine!
  3. bfjr

bfjr Mu-43 Regular

They don't look that happy about the wait either :biggrin:
  4. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Yes, I hope they were happier when they left.. there are some stone faces here waiting for the shot of wine...do you know the difference between a wine connoisseur and a wino? answer: a paper bag.. :rofl:
  5. capodave

capodave Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 4, 2010
    Southern Cal
    Looks like waiting to wine...oh that would be whine huh?
  6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Note to self... if inviting ladies over for wine, make sure you have the bottle uncorked, chilled or unchilled, ready to pour before they get in the door. I wouldn't want to end up 6 feet under from a tough crowd! o_O
  7. justin4192

justin4192 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 27, 2011
    Fairfax, VA, USA
    Nice picture, it captures a similar emotion my fiancee and I experienced when we were just there last month. We didn't care for the experience compared to many other wineries we've been to. We came in and went to the regular tasting tables/bars, looked around and couldn't find any employees. A few minutes later, an employee saw us across the room and just says, "You won't be getting any wine there". Well, how about telling us where to have tastings since we were at the area designated for tastings? We asked and he said the tastings were upstairs. They had an interesting way to tour, follow a path through the building and try different wines at different stops. The thing was, it was dark and the people were not that friendly or informative. They were busy though, had quite a crowd.