1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

waiting for the flood...

Discussion in 'Nature' started by silverbullet, Oct 19, 2010.

1. silverbullet

silverbullet Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 10, 2010
    The river Isar/Bavaria becomes a roaring water after the snow is melted on the mountains crushing everything which is in it's way. Trees are falling into the water and could get blocked by rocks and remain sometimes for years.

tree_Isar_1_von_1_.

For me it looks a bit like Alaska....

• Like Like x 7
  2. Gwendal

Gwendal Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    Beautiful B&W !

• Like Like x 1
  3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Nice detail and textures - very nice.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Very Nice.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jonima

jonima Mu-43 Regular

Interesting Picture!! Nice Contrast!:thumbup:

Johan

• Like Like x 1
  6. silverbullet

Feb 10, 2010
    Thanks a lot!
    Making these shot I was really sad that no 7 or 8mm lens was available for me. When I think about such photographs, some pics from glassy lakes in Alaska or B.C. come to my mind.
    The shoreline is full of silver wood and the angle of view from the cam plus super wide angle is dramatic. Mostly the reflections of mountains on the water adds more depth. But here it's ok to have only stones....:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  7. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    This is one of those instances in landscape photography where the black and white image probably conveys more than the colour version would, a beautiful tonal range, truely painting with light.

Barrie

8. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Absolutely lovely, Bernd! Super in all ways and though I've never been to Alaska or BC, this one could easily be seen in Wyoming, as well. Great wild country!

• Like Like x 1
  9. silverbullet

Feb 10, 2010
    Thanks Barrie, you are so right!
    in colour the silver of the tree has no visual impact with the white stones of the river.

In b/w we have more 'power' to see the different textures and possible 'wrong' colours can't distract our imaginations.