1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Voltage Converter for use in India?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Jasbo, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Howdy,

I'm traveling from the US (KY) to southern India in Sept. for a 3 weeks visit with my wife's family. I need a voltage converter to charge the proprietary battery in my Oly PL2, among other things.

I found a few online but would be interested in hearing from anyone who actually has used one that he or she could recommend.

Cheers

Jack

2. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Most battery chargers acceptant input voltage, you just need a plug adapter.

I would highly recommend one of the universal ones with the different prongs that slide in and out. Mine acts as a surge suppressor also. It is a TravelSmart by Conair

India takes the common EU two round post plugs.

• Like Like x 2
  3. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Yep. You don't need a voltage adapter. Most things now are universal. You just need a physical adapter. It'll cost you about $1 here or in India.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tomrock

tomrock Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    The acceptable voltage for the charger will be printed on the charger. Take a look.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks all

I see now on charger: "INPUT: AC100-240V 50-60Hz 12-16VA"

Reckon this means I'm good to go. Now need adapters for the proper prongs. Apparently India uses 3 round and 2 round prongs.

My wife is native Indian and lived in Tamil Nadu for 28 years, but after living in the US for 20 years, she can't remember what the outlets look like!

Thanks again.

Jack

6. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    I'd be tempted to get a small surge-protector too just in case.

7. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Never seen any wih three round prongs.