Voigtlander Ultron 40mm f2.0?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Keliza, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Keliza

Keliza New to Mu-43 Charter Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Oregon
    Hi all: Has anyone tried the Voigtlander Ultron 40mm/2 SC II lens yet on their micro 4/3 cameras? I have the ep-2 and am really enjoying using the manual focus lens (picked up a Canon FD 50/1.4) I am curious about the image quality of the Voigtlander lenses and this one can be used on my Canon 5D as well. Hesitant to jump into V lenses due to cost of adaptor, etc. The lure of this lens over the Ultron 40/1.4 or 35/1.4 is that the minimum focusing distance is quite a bit shorter and also comes with a closeup filter that reduces that focusing distance even more. I really like filling the frame more than wider angle, so this appeals to me. Any thoughts or other suggestions?

2. melv

melv Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Jan 3, 2010
    South Yorkshire, UK
    Hi Keliza

I have the Voigtlander 20mm/3.5 lens currently being used on a D200 and I am more than happy with the results. It has that lovely precision engineered 'feel' to it as well. There are several reviews of the Ultron 40mm/2 out there and if memory serves me well they were all positive! Oh, and whilst I currently use mine on a Nikon D200 I am hoping to replace that soon with Panasonic's latest offering and use it with an adapter on that.

Melv

• Like Like x 2
  3. JohnW

JohnW Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 3, 2010
    Keliza, I have the 40 2.0 with Canon mount, but I'm new to four thirds. Can you tell me more about the adapter and where I could get one. Thanks.

John

4. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Check with Cosinaphile, he's the CV guru.

5. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    You can buy a cheap M to m4/3 adapter on ebay for 40 bucks... I got the cv adapter and it feels like it is a lot better built.. although it was 180...

Not sure about the 40 2.0 I did play with the 40 1.5 and it was a gem...

6. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011