1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Voigtlander Ultron 40mm f2.0?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Keliza, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Keliza

Keliza New to Mu-43

Jan 28, 2010
    Oregon
    Hi all: Has anyone tried the Voigtlander Ultron 40mm/2 SC II lens yet on their micro 4/3 cameras? I have the ep-2 and am really enjoying using the manual focus lens (picked up a Canon FD 50/1.4) I am curious about the image quality of the Voigtlander lenses and this one can be used on my Canon 5D as well. Hesitant to jump into V lenses due to cost of adaptor, etc. The lure of this lens over the Ultron 40/1.4 or 35/1.4 is that the minimum focusing distance is quite a bit shorter and also comes with a closeup filter that reduces that focusing distance even more. I really like filling the frame more than wider angle, so this appeals to me. Any thoughts or other suggestions?

2. melv

melv Mu-43 Regular

Jan 3, 2010
    South Yorkshire, UK
    Hi Keliza

I have the Voigtlander 20mm/3.5 lens currently being used on a D200 and I am more than happy with the results. It has that lovely precision engineered 'feel' to it as well. There are several reviews of the Ultron 40mm/2 out there and if memory serves me well they were all positive! Oh, and whilst I currently use mine on a Nikon D200 I am hoping to replace that soon with Panasonic's latest offering and use it with an adapter on that.

Melv

• Like Like x 1
  3. JohnW

JohnW Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 3, 2010
    Keliza, I have the 40 2.0 with Canon mount, but I'm new to four thirds. Can you tell me more about the adapter and where I could get one. Thanks.

John

4. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Check with Cosinaphile, he's the CV guru.

5. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    You can buy a cheap M to m4/3 adapter on ebay for 40 bucks... I got the cv adapter and it feels like it is a lot better built.. although it was 180...

Not sure about the 40 2.0 I did play with the 40 1.5 and it was a gem...

6. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011