1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f/0.95 samples

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Amin Sabet, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Let's keep a running list of Nokton 25/0.95 samples in this thread. If you find some good samples, let us know! I'll try to keep the first post updated.

Stills:

Video:

[ame="http://vimeo.com/16556469"]3.45am blues:Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 wide open at night on Panasonic GH1 on Vimeo[/ame]

[ame="http://vimeo.com/16519289"]GF2 1st test, Salon de la photo, Paris, nov. 4th + GH2 + Voigtlander 25mm 0.95 on Vimeo[/ame]

• Like Like x 3
  2. blue

blue Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2010
    UK
    Has anyone in the UK bought one of these lenses and if so, from where ?

3. soundimageplus

soundimageplus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 2, 2010
    Worcestershire
    The Mike Kobal Video on Vimeo is excellent, the lens looks to be really good, at least for video.

I had an email late on Friday afternoon to say a small quanitity of the Voigtlanders have arrived and I should get mine next week.

Once I get my hands on it, I'll reveal the source!!

4. soundimageplus

soundimageplus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 2, 2010
    Worcestershire
    Sorry to be a bit secretive but there were a very limited amount arriving and I wanted to be sure that I secured one of the first.

The only supplier in the UK that I know of is Robert White in Poole. They apparently got very few and most of those were pre-ordered.

Link - Voigtlander 25mm f0.95 Nokton Micro Four Thirds Lens - NEW - Voigtlander's First Micro Four Thirds Lens | Robert White Photographic Ltd

5. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    Likewise with Mainline Photograpics. Their original order was for 20 lenses, they received only 10 and I was #3 and was the first to collect. They also had more than 100 orders by the time the first one arrived.

http://www.mainlinephoto.com.au/prod57.htm

6. blue

blue Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2010
    UK
    I didn't realise these were a short supply item, just expensive and only available at a few smaller retailers.

7. PeterB666

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    I have posted my detailed reivew of the Voigtlander 25mm f/0.95 lens here ... Review

• Like Like x 1
  8. blue

blue Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2010
    UK
    Useful review Peter. Can you set the aperture to intermediate f-stops, or does it only jump between those marked ? I have a couple of Minolta lenses which will give half stops, so would the Nokton give something like 1.1 or 1.2 for instance ? It seems a big jump to f1.4 otherwise.

9. PeterB666

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    Yes you can but as it has half-stop indents there really isn't the need.

10. Dunkeld

Dunkeld Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2010
    As rare as rocking horse manure.

Well, I'm in China, where it would seem that this lens is as rare as rocking horse manure. I contacted wholesalers in Hong Kong and Guangzhou, but nobody here can even forward me to a retailer. Checking the websites for "Chiffs" in Singapore, the site says no stock. So, it could be people are advertising something they don't have.

I could forsee this being a popular lens, but I did not forsee no stock being available in China. I'm in the Guangzhou Hong Kong area next week, where, I had hoped to find a retailer, but it looks fruitless at the moment.

Dave T.

11. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Richmond, VA
    Richard Elliott
    A new expression to add to my vocabulary! :thumbup:

12. Dunkeld

Dunkeld Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2010
    The polite version.

Narnian. You got the polite version there.

Dave T.

13. Caspian

Caspian New to Mu-43

Jan 6, 2011
    Hi Narnian. This is Caspian. We seem to have taken our user names from the same source. :smile:

14. PeterB666

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    It is a bit late but the distributors for Voigtlander products for the countries you have listed are available from the Voigtlander web site...

Voigtlaender - Distribution partners

The demand for the lens has exceeded supply so it hasn't been a case of picking one off the shelf. You would need to order it.

15. Bruster

Bruster Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 14, 2011
    Hi Dunkeld

If you are still looking for the lens, Stephen at Golden Time Camera in Kowloon, HK has one. 852-9888 1663. I was there yesterday and saw it, but I'm not in the market. About HK$7K.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.