1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f/0.95 samples

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Amin Sabet, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Let's keep a running list of Nokton 25/0.95 samples in this thread. If you find some good samples, let us know! I'll try to keep the first post updated.

Stills:

Video:

[ame="http://vimeo.com/16556469"]3.45am blues:Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 wide open at night on Panasonic GH1 on Vimeo[/ame]

[ame="http://vimeo.com/16519289"]GF2 1st test, Salon de la photo, Paris, nov. 4th + GH2 + Voigtlander 25mm 0.95 on Vimeo[/ame]

• Like Like x 3
  2. blue

blue Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2010
    UK
    Has anyone in the UK bought one of these lenses and if so, from where ?

3. soundimageplus

soundimageplus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 2, 2010
    Worcestershire
    The Mike Kobal Video on Vimeo is excellent, the lens looks to be really good, at least for video.

I had an email late on Friday afternoon to say a small quanitity of the Voigtlanders have arrived and I should get mine next week.

Once I get my hands on it, I'll reveal the source!!

4. soundimageplus

soundimageplus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 2, 2010
    Worcestershire
    Sorry to be a bit secretive but there were a very limited amount arriving and I wanted to be sure that I secured one of the first.

The only supplier in the UK that I know of is Robert White in Poole. They apparently got very few and most of those were pre-ordered.

Link - Voigtlander 25mm f0.95 Nokton Micro Four Thirds Lens - NEW - Voigtlander's First Micro Four Thirds Lens | Robert White Photographic Ltd

5. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    Likewise with Mainline Photograpics. Their original order was for 20 lenses, they received only 10 and I was #3 and was the first to collect. They also had more than 100 orders by the time the first one arrived.

http://www.mainlinephoto.com.au/prod57.htm

6. blue

blue Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2010
    UK
    I didn't realise these were a short supply item, just expensive and only available at a few smaller retailers.

7. PeterB666

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    I have posted my detailed reivew of the Voigtlander 25mm f/0.95 lens here ... Review

• Like Like x 1
  8. blue

blue Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2010
    UK
    Useful review Peter. Can you set the aperture to intermediate f-stops, or does it only jump between those marked ? I have a couple of Minolta lenses which will give half stops, so would the Nokton give something like 1.1 or 1.2 for instance ? It seems a big jump to f1.4 otherwise.

9. PeterB666

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    Yes you can but as it has half-stop indents there really isn't the need.

10. Dunkeld

Dunkeld Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2010
    As rare as rocking horse manure.

Well, I'm in China, where it would seem that this lens is as rare as rocking horse manure. I contacted wholesalers in Hong Kong and Guangzhou, but nobody here can even forward me to a retailer. Checking the websites for "Chiffs" in Singapore, the site says no stock. So, it could be people are advertising something they don't have.

I could forsee this being a popular lens, but I did not forsee no stock being available in China. I'm in the Guangzhou Hong Kong area next week, where, I had hoped to find a retailer, but it looks fruitless at the moment.

Dave T.

11. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    A new expression to add to my vocabulary! :thumbup:

12. Dunkeld

Dunkeld Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2010
    The polite version.

Narnian. You got the polite version there.

Dave T.

13. Caspian

Caspian New to Mu-43

Jan 6, 2011
    Hi Narnian. This is Caspian. We seem to have taken our user names from the same source. :smile:

14. PeterB666

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    It is a bit late but the distributors for Voigtlander products for the countries you have listed are available from the Voigtlander web site...

Voigtlaender - Distribution partners

The demand for the lens has exceeded supply so it hasn't been a case of picking one off the shelf. You would need to order it.

15. Bruster

Bruster Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 14, 2011
    Hi Dunkeld

If you are still looking for the lens, Stephen at Golden Time Camera in Kowloon, HK has one. 852-9888 1663. I was there yesterday and saw it, but I'm not in the market. About HK$7K.