Showcase Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm f/0.95

parka

Mu-43 Regular
Bought it a few weeks ago. I'm loving the 35mm focal length.

View attachment 205287

View attachment 205288

View attachment 205289

View attachment 205290

A video I took on the train:
On the train | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Another video made:
[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqvc6Y1dCxw]Sketchwalk at Kampong Glam (28 April 2012) - YouTube[/ame]

Flickr Voigtlander 17.5mm group:
Flickr: Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm f/0.95 for Micro Four Thirds

My review:
Review: Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm f/0.95 Micro Four Thirds Lens | Daisuki Photo

acercanto

Mu-43 Regular
These shots make me want to take more people photos!
That lady has an incredibly striking figure.

Thanks for bringing us along!
Acer

Glenn S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Nice pics. I'm just back from Singapore and saw the wrestlers but missed the lady on the horse :frown:

parka

Mu-43 Regular
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm a bit curious why the highlights seem to be blown in all the night shots...?
Because the dynamic range of GH2 is not good, or just my skills at post-processing.

Actually most of the shots were underexposed. I had to adjust the exposure up by 1 to 2 stops.

napilopez

Contributing Editor
Real Name
Napier Lopez
Man I want this lens so bad, as it solves the main issue with m4/3 fore me: wideangle subject isolation. Also just love the focal length.

Awesome shooting!

Laurentiu Cristofor

Mu-43 Veteran
Man I want this lens so bad, as it solves the main issue with m4/3 fore me: wideangle subject isolation.
That only works if the subject is close, as in the first set of images posted by parka. The DOF wide open when you focus at a distance of a few meters is quite surprising. Here is an example where I focused down a corridor:

f/0.95:

The end is out of focus, but not in a very obvious way.

Once you get very close, the DOF will often be thinner than you'd want:

f/0.95 or f/1.4:

You will notice it on the focus ring too - it takes just a bit of turn to focus from 1m to infinity. Most of the throw is for focusing under 1m.

hkpzee

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Patrick
Love that first shot, Toshiro! :thumbup:

Our local camera store called me last week that they have it in stock, but I couldn't pull the trigger because of the stiff price. I am also afraid that I will have limited use for a manual lens, even though I do like this focal length...

However, I can really feel that GAS building up again! The more I look at these pictures, the itchier my fingers get... :eek:

C

CUB

Man I want this lens so bad, as it solves the main issue with m4/3 fore me: wideangle subject isolation. Also just love the focal length.

In terms of focal length and DOF, it's the m4/3 equivalent of a 35mm f/2 on full frame. The bokeh seems spectacularly good.

So it's almost a Summicron equivalent for m4/3. :smile:

toshiro

Mu-43 Regular
In terms of focal length and DOF, it's the m4/3 equivalent of a 35mm f/2 on full frame. The bokeh seems spectacularly good.

So it's almost a Summicron equivalent for m4/3. :smile:
In terms of shallow depth of field and bokeh it is even more capable than a Summicron-m 35 because its minimum focus distance is only 15 cm while leica's is 70 cm :smile:

It is pretty big and heavy compared to a summicron but when mounted on a OMD or GH2 it fells really well balanced

parka

Mu-43 Regular
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Shallow depth of field is easy when you're shooting close. That's why there are a lot of people posting bokeh shots of small subjects, like cats, wine bottles.

The true depth of field challenge comes when you're shooting human height subjects.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom