Voigtlander Nokton 10.5mm f/0.95

getoutnshoot

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Dave
http://www.43rumors.com/voigtlander-announces-the-10-5mm-f0-95-micro-four-thirds-lens/

I didn't see a thread already started about this. I for one find it very exciting. It seems there may be several new ultra-wide choices on the way, arriving at different times.

For an ultra wide, I don't feel like I need a super fast, huge maximum aperture. I see myself using it moslty for landscapes, often on a tripod. So I'm most interested in how it performs stopped down for greater depth of field. In the area of F/8 or so, I'm looking for high image quality into the corners, low distortion, and I still like to use filters so ideally it allows at least 1 filter with no vignetting. So I'll be choosing the one that seems most optimized this way when shooting at medium/smaller apertures. How about you?

I thought I read it was coming in 2015, but the 2nd post on 43rumors said it would be on B&H for preorders "soon." I wonder when it's really coming. I would guess the price will be around $1K, maybe more.

--Dave

getoutnshoot

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Dave
I can see the extreme light gathering ability being useful for astrophotography.

Ah, yes, thank you, good point! In astrophotography you focus on infinity and you might really want the best quality wide open for the light/speed, but you don't need much depth of field in front of infinity...
--Dave

Johbremat

Mu-43 Regular
Wish they'd capitulate and release that 15mm TS...

voigtlander-15mm-tilt-shift-m43-680x453.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

ijm5012

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ian
I'm still waiting in vain it seems for a 9mm f2.8/4 (that takes filters) for landscapes and sescapes.......

That lens already exists (link). 9mm f/4. If it isn't sharp enough for you, stop it down a stop or two (which if you're wanting to do long exposure photography or landscapes, you'd do anyways).

Like you, I too wish that we could get a 9mm f/2.8 prime that would accept filters. One can one dream...

biza48

Mu-43 Regular
I can see the extreme light gathering ability being useful for astrophotography.

I doubt it, these super fast lenses are normally soft wide open or there abouts, plus lots of coma and astigmatism. Optical defects that are not good for stars.

zensu

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Bobby
That lens already exists (link). 9mm f/4. If it isn't sharp enough for you, stop it down a stop or two (which if you're wanting to do long exposure photography or landscapes, you'd do anyways).

Like you, I too wish that we could get a 9mm f/2.8 prime that would accept filters. One can one dream...

There was a rumor about Olympus producing a 9mm f1.8 prime lens. I guess it was only a rumor but if they would make such a lens I'd buy it!
Imagine this list of primes: 9mm f1.8, 12mm f2.0, 17mm f1.8, 25mm f1.8, 45mm f1.8, and 75mm f1.8! We're only one lens away from that dream list.

Latest threads

Top Bottom