• Please note: A site subscription is required to start a new listing in our Buy & Sell forum. There is an option to subscribe for a month for $5 if you would like to sell something without a longer subscription.

All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

COMPLETED Voigtlander Heliar 101 Special Edition 50mm f3.5 M-mount Lens, Voigtlander 50mm Viewfinder. Ships: World

Buy/Sell feedback for agentlossing (8)

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
User name: agentlossing

Items to sell/buy/trade: Voigtlander Heliar 101 Special Edition 50mm f3.5 M-mount Lens, Voigtlander 50mm Viewfinder

Prices: $480 Lens
$150 Viewfinder

Ships to: World

Description: Also posted over on Cameraderie - I recently acquired a Voigtlander Bessa T 101 Year Edition with the 50mm f3.5 lens famed for its sharpness. This is a collapsible Leica M mount lens (I believe it is determined to be safe for most or all M mount cameras to collapse it - do a bit of research if you're worried about your own body) and is NOT the currently sold Voigtlander version - which is black and silver and has a conical shape. This is silver-finished, has the look of classic Elmars and other similar screw mount lenses of yore, but is optically much better. Said to be perhaps the sharpest 50mm lens there is. Sadly, 50mm just isn't for me, much as I'd like to keep it in the hopes of sticking it on a digital Leica body in the far future, it would be more for fanciness than getting a lot of real use out of it.

Condition of the lens is superb. Optics are as clean and clear as a whistle. Many of the examples of this lens found online have dust or haze, this has none of that. Functions super smoothly, nice clicky aperture. Nowhere on the outer silver finish can I find any scratches or scuffing. The tube is polished, very shiny, and on that you can see a little scuffing from the action of moving the lens from its collapsed to extended positions, but this is very minor and clearly not due to bumping or rough handling, just the fact that mirror-polished metal doesn't remain mirror-y forever.

There is a single scratch on the surface of the metal lens cap, which disrupts the smooth silver finish a tiny bit, but doesn't reach into the metal, just the finish.

I describe this lens with this much detail because it's a really beautiful object to hold and use. Personally I feel it is much better looking than the newest version of the Heliar classic, and collapses into a very small size. Only 2000 ever made. Includes lens, screw on metal hood and metal cap that fits over the hood.

I also have a Voigtlander silver 50mm viewfinder, very well made, solid metal and glass and looks like new, has 1:1 optics and brightlines with manual parallax correction, but limited eye relief for glasses wearers like myself. $150 for that.

I'd be happy to find a home for these without resorting to the impersonal void that is the Bay! :)

Images for this listing: (DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

Payments accepted: Regular PayPal (fee included in price)

Shipping method: USPS First Class Package

Shipping charge: Free for USA, will arrange something reasonable if out of country

Handling time: 1-2 days

References: Here, ebay @agentlossing

Additional comments: Not open to offers below asking price (price is firm), Buyer must have a PayPal confirmed address

I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules. Yes
R0000380.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom