Voigtlander Bessa R

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by VinVin, Jun 24, 2015.

1. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    Hi guys,

I just got bought a Voigtlander Bessa R rangefinder with a few lenses. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with it?

The lenses that i got with it are:
    Voigtlander Color Skopar 35mm f2.5
    Jupiter 8 50mm f2.0
    Industar 61 50mm f2.8

Are there any inexpensive m39 lenses that you guys would suggest?

For those who have experience with these lenses or the Bessa R itself. Are there any particular quirks with this camera?

2. kinlau

kinlau Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Lovely camera, I have pretty well the same lenses and a few more. You pretty well have the best cheap LTM glass already. I picked up an Elmar 90/4 for only $100-, but lovely, simple and sharp.

• Like Like x 1
  3. biomed

biomed Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 22, 2013
    Seattle area
    Mike
    I used to own a lot of Voigtlander gear- R3A, R4M, Bess L. The Bess R was the first rangefinder body that Cosina produced. The Collar Scopar 35/2.5 is an excellent lens and was one of my favorites. Check Stephen Gandy's site https://cameraquest.com/

• Like Like x 1
  4. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    Which others do you have? I have a problem with knowledge lol which m39 lenses have rf coupling?

5. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    Yeah i went to that site before i bought. I'm just venturing into new territory now haha

6. kinlau

kinlau Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    I also have a number of Canon LTM lenses. The buy and sell on rangefinderforum.com is likely the best place to look and also ask.