1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Voigtlander Bessa R

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by VinVin, Jun 24, 2015.

1. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    Hi guys,

I just got bought a Voigtlander Bessa R rangefinder with a few lenses. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with it?

The lenses that i got with it are:
    Voigtlander Color Skopar 35mm f2.5
    Jupiter 8 50mm f2.0
    Industar 61 50mm f2.8

Are there any inexpensive m39 lenses that you guys would suggest?

For those who have experience with these lenses or the Bessa R itself. Are there any particular quirks with this camera?

2. kinlau

kinlau Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Lovely camera, I have pretty well the same lenses and a few more. You pretty well have the best cheap LTM glass already. I picked up an Elmar 90/4 for only $100-, but lovely, simple and sharp.

• Like Like x 1
  3. biomed

biomed Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Seattle area
    Mike
    I used to own a lot of Voigtlander gear- R3A, R4M, Bess L. The Bess R was the first rangefinder body that Cosina produced. The Collar Scopar 35/2.5 is an excellent lens and was one of my favorites. Check Stephen Gandy's site https://cameraquest.com/

• Like Like x 1
  4. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    Which others do you have? I have a problem with knowledge lol which m39 lenses have rf coupling?

5. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    Yeah i went to that site before i bought. I'm just venturing into new territory now haha

6. kinlau

kinlau Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    I also have a number of Canon LTM lenses. The buy and sell on rangefinderforum.com is likely the best place to look and also ask.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.