Voigtlander adapter and picture quality of M lenses

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by chefpush, Jun 17, 2010.

1. chefpush

chefpush Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 20, 2010
    NYC
    I've just accquired 40mm summicron-c which I did some research and found some samples in flickr. The sharpness is great in flickr samples which lens was used with m4/3 camera.

However, 40mm summicron-c that I got doesn't produce the same sharpness. The pictures look better than 40mm Hexanon at wide open but they still show some haze. Not as outstanding as 50mm summicron I borrowed from my friend.

I wonder if my copy is a bad copy or the generic adapter affect the picture quality at wide open. I learned from internet research that Voigtlander adapter will have precise infinity focus and distance scale can be accurately used, but never know if it will affect picture quality.

Any M lens users' opinion?

2. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    chef.. you might help the convo a bit by posting some pictures and describing the conditions they were taken under, and adding the EXIF data as well. Without that people here will be shooting in the subjective darkness.

I would love to see what your Summi can do.

Bokeh D

3. chefpush

chefpush Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 20, 2010
    NYC
    I was gonna post something last night. But I didn't have enough samples that truly represent the lens. I will sneak out of kitchen today, shoot in a lot of different condition and post something tonight.

4. Brian S

Brian S Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Apr 11, 2009