1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

voigtlander 75mm f2.5 SL (Om mount) - opinions?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by KS11, Jun 25, 2012.

1. KS11

KS11 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    Busan/Hong Kong
    recently i had a chance to pick up a voigtlander color-heliar 75mm 2.5 SL in OM mount for my OM film camera and ep3 via adapter

anybody have any opinions on this lens because information seems to be scarce for this? I have seen it in nikon mount but nothing so far for adapting on micro four thirds bodies.

• Like Like x 1
  2. rgeorge911

rgeorge911 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 8, 2012
    Color Heliar (LTM) Examples

I have the Voigtlander 75mm f2.5 Color-Heliar in Leica thread mount.

I shot with it mounted on my Lumix DMC-G3 this weekend, in an effort to decide whether the new Olympus 75mm f1.8 was going to be the right focal length to round out my kit for shooting concerts. It did very well in my opinion - so well that I'm now questioning whether I need the Olympus lens at all.

This post has two examples:
    DMC-365 - My Year with Lumix Camera Equipment: Is 75mm Really A Useful Focal Length for Micro 4/3?

Reed
    DMC-365.blogspot.com

• Like Like x 1
  3. KS11

KS11 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    Busan/Hong Kong
    thanks for the links, especially love the sample pics on the blog, Reed!

4. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    How is this lens wide open? Does it still have color and contrast?

5. DaveL

DaveL Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2012
    Rhode Island
    my 2 cents

I have the LSM version made for rangefinder. It was one of the first manual focus lenses I got for micro 4/3. I'm short on time now but in a nutshell-

Love the focal lenght and Bokeh. 75mm just give you that much more reach- that you dont get with the more easy to find 50mm range.

Be carefull using wide open in contrasty situations- the old purple fringing appears. ( iHowever- t's a lot easier to get rid in pp now using LR 4 )

it typicall gives more of a "film" look. if you want saturated colors, you'll have to juice it in pp or shoot in Vivid ( for Jpegs)

I did a mini review awhile back on another thread with a few images and more comments.
    https://www.mu-43.com/f40/85mm-similar-21467/index3.html

• Like Like x 1
  6. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I ended up purchasing one today anyway. It's worth it to try it out before committing to the big-spend Oly version. Besides, I will use it infrequently, so perhaps having not too much $$ into it is a good thing.

I'll read your review. Thanks for posting, and glad I found this thread!