1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Voigtlander 58mm f/1.4 Or 41mm f/1?

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by MAubrey, Aug 6, 2013.

1. MAubrey

MAubrey Photographer

Jul 9, 2012
    Bellingham, WA
    Mike Aubrey
    I've been wondering for a while how we should go about labeling adapted lens image threads from lenses that use the Speedbooster. On the one hand...we don't put lenses with teleconverters in separate image threads from the regular lens. On the other hand, I feel like it would be far more useful for people looking for lenses with the Speedbooster to be able to find images easily.

That leaves two options:

(1) A generic Speedbooster Image Thread

(2) Lens-specific Speedbooster Image Threads

I'm inclined toward the latter, if only because of the great diversity of the kinds of lenses to which the Speedbooster can be applied. I would suggest, perhaps, an image thread title like:

BRAND-SB New-FL NEW-f/#

Thus this particular lens would be:

Voigtlander-SB 41mm f/1

Thoughts? Maybe we should have a poll?

Well...in any case, here are some images from a nice afternoon coffee date with my wife. These are all wide open with a circular polarizer...though I still blew the highlights in the sky in every shot. I need a 58mm ND. I have to say though, except for maybe some special circumstances, I still generally prefer more DOF to less.

_8050014.
    I softened up this one...too sharp otherwise.

_8050025.

_8050027.

_8050029.

_8050030.

_8050042.