Voigtlander 58mm f/1.4 looks great on EM5

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by MAubrey, Aug 19, 2012.

1. MAubrey

MAubrey Photographer

Jul 9, 2012
    Bellingham, WA
    Mike Aubrey
    So beautiful:

1030583-1632x1224.

1030586-1632x1224.

1030591-1632x1224.

• Like Like x 2
  2. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    That does look good, now post some image products from it and we will evaluate those.

3. MAubrey

MAubrey Photographer

Jul 9, 2012
    Bellingham, WA
    Mike Aubrey
  4. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    You do! And what is the first to greet my eyes but my favorite single malt!!! Cool looking lizard too!

Thanks,

5. MAubrey

MAubrey Photographer

Jul 9, 2012
    Bellingham, WA
    Mike Aubrey
    Definitely my favorite single malt, as well!

6. redalien

redalien Mu-43 Regular

Aug 23, 2012
    Tamas
    Could you tell me what adapter did you use to fit the lens on the MF3 body?

7. MAubrey

MAubrey Photographer

Jul 9, 2012
    Bellingham, WA
    Mike Aubrey
  8. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    OK,
    I got mine too and not only does it look good, but it seems to focus wonderfully, need I say magically? (My E-M5 is all black, so it looks even better - IMHO.) Even at its 1.4 wide aperture it seems like the the margin of error is quite wide for focusing in moderately dim lighting. (I suspect that it has to do with the image stabilization that the E-M5 offers.) I'll post some pics later. The only thing that surprised me is that the mount is a Nikon G mount! (so I already had one and the lens will also fit on my Nikons!

9. danska

danska Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Joe
    I knew it had to be a larger adapter. I've been looking for a Voigt in the Leica M mount since I have that adapter. It is really thin comparatively.

10. MAubrey

MAubrey Photographer

Jul 9, 2012
    Bellingham, WA
    Mike Aubrey
    Yeah, this lens is for Nikon F mount. They only made it for SLRs, so all the adapters are quite a bit larger. I've debated selling it and buying the Voigtlander 50mm f/1.1 instead which would be quite a bit shorter in length, but I like the focal length (the difference between the Oly 45 and this 58 is more meaningful) and don't really want to lose the short focusing distance of this 58mm compared to the M mount lens.