Showcase Voigtlander 50mm f/2.8 Color-Skopar X

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by scott, Jan 19, 2011.

1. scott

scott Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 15, 2010
    This is a 1960s-era (like me!) Voigtlander normal lens for the Bessamatic SLR. From my quick tests, the lens seems to be very sharp from f/5.6 to f/11, less sharp but OK at f/4 and f/16, and pretty soft at f/2.8 and f/22. It has a DKL mount, which means the adapter has to include the aperture ring (which was on the camera body on the Bessamatic) and so costs a bit more.

Here's a test picture at f/8--note that the background was misty, but the image still looks really sharp.

(original 4000x3000 here)
    • Like Like x 2
  2. macjansson

macjansson Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2011
    Looks nice. I myself am thinking about getting the m39 to m43 adapter to get my Leitz Elmar collapsable 5cm f3.5 Leica lens on the EP1. The adapter doesn't cost much but I don't know if I'll use it often. If anyone know where to find some sample images taken with the collapsable Elmar 5cm I'd really appreciate it.
    I'm also waiting for Voightländer to release some more m43 lenses, preferably a short tele.
    Voightländer make some really great Leica-M and M39 mount lenses. Let's just hope the will continue to make m43 lenses.
  3. chasm

chasm Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    where did you find the adapter? My dad's got that Voigtlander camera, I'm sure he'd like to see the lens put to good use! His 35mm pictures were always beautiful, lovely colour rendition...
  4. scott

scott Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 15, 2010
    I found the adapter on eBay. It's a little quirky--there's no click stop for f/8.
  5. cantseecaliforniafromhere

cantseecaliforniafromhere New to Mu-43

Jan 19, 2011
    Lunenburg, NS
    Color rendition from classic Voigtlander lenses is distinctive and special. They are my favorites.