1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

voice memo on the e-p2

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by arpoador, Apr 17, 2010.

1. before i bought my e-p2 last week (i'm a µ4/3 newbie) i heard that it supported voice memos on images ... but i haven't been able to find any reference to this functionality in the manual or online. i'm guessing i just remember incorrectly, but i thought i'd try asking here first.
    (as an aside - i'll do a full intro later - i bought it in part to use my beautiful old OM lenses, so i thought a voice memo would help me identify which lens and aperture i used for each pic.)

2. franklyspeaking

franklyspeaking Mu-43 Regular

Yup you can. Page 86 of the manual.

When playing back still pictures, a maximum of 30 seconds of sound can be added (recorded) and this can be added as a memo after shooting pictures.

Menu |> [Edit] |> [SEL. IMAGE] |> [Microphone Image]

Just out of curiosity...

Doesn't that data export straight out of the camera when you import your photos?

3. Richard W

Richard W Mu-43 Regular

Mar 21, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    Speaking as someone who doesn't read the manual until a specific need arises, thanks for this information. I just tried it and it works. For me, not for regular use but now that I know about it, it could come in handy at times.

4. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    That's great! I never realised it had this feature and I just tried it out, perfect for recording the lens being used. :2thumbs:

Cheers

Ray

5. thanks, franklyspeaking!

the camera records all the EXIF data for the µ43 lenses, of course. i have a couple of those already (the Oly kit 14-42mm and the Pan 20mm). but i've been playing around with legacy OM lenses (i had a couple and picked up a few more on ebay), and it would be nice to just note lens/aperture.

a few are obvious (my old shift lens takes awesome street views in downtown SF), but when i'm switching rapidly from one to another, i lose track.

6. franklyspeaking

franklyspeaking Mu-43 Regular

Oh! I gotcha. Hmm. Too bad they don't let you program lenses in.

Well, happy to help. What lenses are you running with then? Just curious. I'm looking to extend my bag past the 17mm and am looking for suggestions. Thanks.