1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

COMPLETED Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm 1:3.5 Macro Zoom

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by Luke, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    Oh, she's a big one. This thing runs totally counter to the concept of micro 4/3. It a big beastie.......it's a constant 3.5 all through the zoom range...that's why. It also is a macro focusing lens. I scored it in a box full of camera stuff that was priced at $100. I bought the box to get the Pentax film camera and 2 lenses that went with it. This was on a Nikon body that the owner was keeping. He claimed it worked fine and I have no reason to doubt him.

Glass is free from any defects and the condition in general looks good.....nothing funky going on here. I have no way to test it. It comes with a Tiffen 67mm UV filter attached. It has a kinda loose fitting front cap, but no rear. It also comes in a handsome hard leatherette carrying case.

This is considered by some to be a cult classic lens..... you can read more about it here ...... Vivitar 70-210 Series 1 Macro Zoom Lenses - Mark Roberts Photography

The price is $50 with shipping included anywhere in the US (Geez, the filter is probably worth half of that). Contact me for prices shipped elsewhere or with any other questions you may have.

I have feedback at eBay under user name mikeslps_2

I will also now consider almost any sort of trade.

P1010166. P10101692. P1010168. P10101721.

2. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

Aug 9, 2010
    That's a cool lens (I have one in FD mout) and works surprisingly well on an m43 body. Amazing bokeh.

3. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    that's what I've heard....I don't want to become a lens hoarder though. I think some may be scared off because it's a zoom. But it's a zoom with a "fixed" aperture. It's like having a 70mm 3.5, and a 100mm 3.5, and a 150mm 3.5, and a 200mm 3.5......well, you get the idea. I'll let this sit here through the weekend and then it's off to fleaBay.

4. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

0   0   0

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Only one f-stop ... all of my lenses have more than one aperture, even my zooms start at 2.8 and end up at 32 or 64 ... even my LensBaby has more than one aperture ... only one lens but multiple f-stops (until I lose 'em).

5. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I may have the terminology wrong......there are plenty of apertures to choose from if you look at the photo. Unlike the majority of today's zooms, it has a constant maximum aperture. Most modern zooms (until you get into some relatively expensive ones) have an increasingly smaller maximum aperture as you zoom out.

It definitely comes in handy when you're at the long end of the zoom and you STILL have the ability to shoot wide open at f3.5.

Sorry, if I worded it wrong.

6. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

0   0   0

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    I was just giving you a hard time (and a bump) .. sorry.

7. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I thought you were pulling my leg, but it's sometimes hard to tell on "the internets".

8. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Hey Luke, you tell Gary if he pulls your other leg it'll play jingle bells.

9. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Feb 20, 2011
    I'll give a bump for what I consider to be an under-rated lens. I have one in M42 and it was my favorite lens for my Ricoh TLS. I used it later for some test shots with a Pentax DS2 and was quite happy. I now have a an E-620 and K adapter so I may have to try them together......

I would have used it more with my Pentax digitals but I need magnified Live View to manual focus these days, hence the E-PL2 and E-620. :smile:

10. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I have combined the shipping price with the purchase price and dropped it to a nice even $50. I am also open to trades. I have a c-mount adapter and an m42 adapter so would consider lenses in those mounts. I have a secret buried urge to buy a Loreo 3D lens, so if you bought one and aren't using, we can work a trade and I'll pay the difference.

If you're interested and have some stuff lying around, shoot me an idea. In a couple days if it hasn't been taken, I'll either get a Nikon adapter or sent it off to eBay.

11. Stephen Geis

Stephen Geis Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

May 13, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
  12. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI