Vivitar series 1 70-210 f3.5 OM fit

jhob

Mu-43 Veteran
I'd say handling is pretty good, providing you have an evf, for the price you may as well give it a go. It's a lovely Sharp and contrasty lens.

jhob

Mu-43 Veteran

sparkin

Mu-43 Regular
I had one of those way back when, also in OM mount. I use the front end lens element as a loupe now. It was a good lens, so inspired by your success I'll maybe keep my eye out for a good clean replacement.

jhob

Mu-43 Veteran
I really have been taken aback at just how sharp and contrasty this lens is, and all for not much money. I am not generally a tele shooter but have enjoyed this lens an awful lot

RedNumber5

Mu-43 Regular
I just got this lens and it sure is heavy. Mounting it on the G1 and then on a tripod I sometimes wondered if there is a lot of pressure being applied on the G1 mounting. Anybody else using this feel the same way? I don't know if I would feel safe walking around with the camera hanging off my shoulder and having the Vivitar lens mounted.

RedNumber5

Mu-43 Regular
If you're used to the nikkor 70-200 vr then the vivitar is like a feather!

Why would you not feel safe walking around with it?
Walking with it connected to the camera I just feel that all that weight from the lens might just rip the mounting off of the camera. I have both a Canon EF and an AE-1 Program and with their metal parts I know it isn't going to be a problem. However with the G1, I'm just not sure as I don't think Panasonic went around testing their camera with heavy lenses. Maybe I'm just being paranoid I guess.

jhob

Mu-43 Veteran
Assuming that GF1 build quality is on a par with G1 build quality I would be stunned if it pulled the mounting off. I just can't imagine that ever happening

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom