• Please note: A site subscription is required to start a new listing in our Buy & Sell forum. There is an option to subscribe for a month for $5 if you would like to sell something without a longer subscription.

All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

COMPLETED Vivitar (Komine) 400mm f5.6, Canon FD mount (cleaned) Ships: US

Buy/Sell feedback for ektar (8)

ektar

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Don
Items to sell/buy/trade: Vivitar (Komine) 400mm f5.6, Canon FD mount

Prices: $22.50

Ships to: CONUS

Description: By way of disclosure, I have this listed on eBay for...more. I'd rather get less (even considering fees) if someone here would like to try it out.

"Excellent" cosmetic condtion. Focusing is smooth and properly damped. The diaphragm is dry and the aperture is "snappy." It is my understanding that the 28xxxxx serial number indicates that it was manufactured for Vivitar by Komine, which supposedly is the more prized version. Integrated lens hood. Rotating tripod collar. This is not the preset aperture version, but would be automatic on a Canon camera. Of course, stop-down metering adapted to M4/3.

Here are the issues:

There are two areas where there are flaws in the antireflective coating on the inner surface of the front element. One is more obvious and is near the "400MM 1:5.6" marking. The other is much fainter, is curved in appearance, and is closer to the center, located inward from the "AUTO TELEPHOTO" marking.

There is what looks like a chip on one surface of the second lens element; that appears "behind" the coating flaws.

As would be expected in a lens of this age, there is some scattered dust.

I doubt that these issues would have much impact on image quality. The coating flaws are much less noticeable if you change the angle you look into the lens. You can see this in the images of the front of the lens.

I was able to go through the lens and easily clean the rear elements. The haze that was present is gone now. You can see the "after" pictures below. The two new sample images wer shot today; the street sign is about a 60% crop, the other is FF. No editing other than to resize to post.

The lens comes with a generic rear cap and a "Fujinon" push on front cap. The front cap is the correct size to fit over the hood, but it is a little loose. I tightened that up with some electrical tape on the inner rim.

Here's your shot for a vintage "Big gun" optical telephoto with a good reputation for relatively small cost. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. The shipping is a little expensive because this lens is well-made and a little beefy. If the cost turns out to be less, I'll find a way to bump the difference back to the buyer.

Images for this listing: File(s) attached

Payments accepted: Regular PayPal (fee included in price)

Shipping method: USPS, probably Priority Mail

Shipping charge: $15 (see above)

Handling time: Usually two days or less, depending on where the weekend falls

References: "dilligafdon" on eBay

Additional comments: Buyer must have a PayPal confirmed address, Will only ship to the address indicated on PayPal payment

I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules. Yes

Attachments

• Vivitar400_01A.jpg
    Vivitar400_01A.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Vivitar400_03A.jpg
    Vivitar400_03A.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 37
  • Vivitar400_02A.jpg
    Vivitar400_02A.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Vivitar400_04A.jpg
    Vivitar400_04A.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Vivitar400_05A.jpg
    Vivitar400_05A.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Vivitar400_06A.jpg
    Vivitar400_06A.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Vivitar400_07A.jpg
    Vivitar400_07A.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Vivitar400_11A.jpg
    Vivitar400_11A.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Vivitar400_09A.jpg
    Vivitar400_09A.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Vivitar400_10A.jpg
    Vivitar400_10A.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Vivitar400_18A.jpg
    Vivitar400_18A.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Vivitar400_17A.jpg
    Vivitar400_17A.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 37
  • Vivitar400_13A.jpg
    Vivitar400_13A.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Vivitar400_21A.jpg
    Vivitar400_21A.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Vivitar400_22A.jpg
    Vivitar400_22A.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Vivitar400_23A.jpg
    Vivitar400_23A.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Vivitar400_19A.jpg
    Vivitar400_19A.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

ektar

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Don
BUMP--Lens cleaned and confirmed to work properly. IQ improved.
Vivitar400_19A.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom