1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Vivitar 70-210mm Series 1 Q-Dos edition (3D!)

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by ksn, Mar 28, 2011.

1. ksn

ksn Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 6, 2011
    Someone in the trade forums had a "Vivitar 70-210mm Series 1" for sale a couple weeks back, which looked intriguing, but after some research, I stumbled upon the Q-Dos edition which included a built-in red/blue filter for 3D! Suddenly this lens jumped to the top of my list of things to get and after much searching (wasn't easy), I found one..

This isn't a review, I'm definitely not experienced enough to review anything at the moment, but I have some samples :cool: Didn't have too much time to try it out as I was fairly busy today, but I took a few snaps just to test out the effect. Fairly hard to manually focus with the 3D filter as it kind of mucks up the image.

qdos1.

qdos2.

qdos3.

qdos4.

qdos5.

qdos6.

A quick sample video. With the filter + my inability to focus + my shaky hands, prepare for a migrane.

[ame=http://www.vimeo.com/21578933]GF2 / Vivitar 70-210mm Series 1 Q-Dos - Test Video on Vimeo[/ame]

2. Panasonic

Panasonic New to Mu-43

Mar 25, 2011
    How does this lens perform when the 3D effect is not used?

3. ksn

ksn Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 6, 2011
    There are 4 or 5 versions of the lens, this is the only one with the filter, but from what I've read the regular lens seems fairly popular. I've been real busy so I haven't had the time to test it out without the filter, but there are samples here: https://www.mu-43.com/f81/vivitar-70-210mm-f3-5-series-1-fd-8890/

Also, I realized why the image on my video keeps slanting. The lens is a pull zoom, so while I'm pulling i'm also trying to twist it to focus and I guess I keep inadvertently rotating the camera as well, so a tripod would have made sense.

4. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    The samples there were taken with a Ver. 1. There are several versions with #3 being the one most people rave about. See this site for more info about the versions. I have owned Ver. 1, 3, and 4. I sold #3 (prices were too high) and on film with B&W prints up to 11x14 the differences weren't enough to worry me. I've kept Ver 1 since it is M42 and Ver 4 because it is a Pentax K-A and would work in the various auto modes.

• Like Like x 1