Vivitar 70-210mm Series 1 Q-Dos edition (3D!)

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by ksn, Mar 28, 2011.

1. ksn

ksn Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 6, 2011
    Someone in the trade forums had a "Vivitar 70-210mm Series 1" for sale a couple weeks back, which looked intriguing, but after some research, I stumbled upon the Q-Dos edition which included a built-in red/blue filter for 3D! Suddenly this lens jumped to the top of my list of things to get and after much searching (wasn't easy), I found one..

This isn't a review, I'm definitely not experienced enough to review anything at the moment, but I have some samples :cool: Didn't have too much time to try it out as I was fairly busy today, but I took a few snaps just to test out the effect. Fairly hard to manually focus with the 3D filter as it kind of mucks up the image.

A quick sample video. With the filter + my inability to focus + my shaky hands, prepare for a migrane.

[ame=]GF2 / Vivitar 70-210mm Series 1 Q-Dos - Test Video on Vimeo[/ame]
  2. Panasonic

Panasonic New to Mu-43

Mar 25, 2011
    How does this lens perform when the 3D effect is not used?
  3. ksn

ksn Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 6, 2011
    There are 4 or 5 versions of the lens, this is the only one with the filter, but from what I've read the regular lens seems fairly popular. I've been real busy so I haven't had the time to test it out without the filter, but there are samples here:

Also, I realized why the image on my video keeps slanting. The lens is a pull zoom, so while I'm pulling i'm also trying to twist it to focus and I guess I keep inadvertently rotating the camera as well, so a tripod would have made sense.
  4. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    The samples there were taken with a Ver. 1. There are several versions with #3 being the one most people rave about. See this site for more info about the versions. I have owned Ver. 1, 3, and 4. I sold #3 (prices were too high) and on film with B&W prints up to 11x14 the differences weren't enough to worry me. I've kept Ver 1 since it is M42 and Ver 4 because it is a Pentax K-A and would work in the various auto modes.
    • Like Like x 1