1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

COMPLETED Vivitar 55/2.8 macro lens (FD-mount) with adapter | Location: USA | Ships: CONUS

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by flipmack, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flipmack

flipmack Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

Mar 23, 2012
    irvine, CA
    Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Sell
    Selling</br> Vivitar 55/2.8 macro lens (FD-mount) with adapter
    </br>Prices</br> FS: $90 PP gift, shipped CONUS
    </br>Location</br> USA
    </br>Ships to</br> CONUS
    </br>Description</br> I just received this lens and adapter on Monday and it's just not working for me. I had sworn off legacy lenses last year and the year before that - I guess it's a yearly lesson for me.

Anyway, It's a great macro lens. Glass is clean, aperture works, focus works. It's also sharp and does 1:1 without extensions.

Caveats:
    - there's some internal dust. I have yet to encounter a legacy lens without it.
    - the rubber for the focus ring is not there. You won't miss it. I think it looks pretty neat like this. The focus ring turns nicely and smoothly.

Other than that, here's some pictures from the lens and my EPM1:

and here are pictures of the lens itself:

I'd like to sell this for $90 shipped, or trade this for your EP1, EPL1, or any m4/3 body. If you have a spare m4/3 body that's probably gathering dust somewhere and will only continue to gather dust or sit on a pedestal, but you also want a macro lens, then this is a good opportunity for both of us!

The Vivitar 55/2.8 averages around $75-$80 on eBay. with adapter, you're looking at $90-$100. This is what I'm thinking would be the average price for an EP1 in good shape.

You'll receive the Vivitar 55/2.8 macro lens, a 62mm front cap, and the FD-m4/3 adapter. No rear cap included.

If we do a trade, we'll each pay for respective shipping. I always ship with USPS priority with tracking.
    </br>Payment accepted</br>
    • Regular PayPal (buyer adds 3% for this option)
    • Personal/Gift PayPal (violates PayPal policy and no buyer protection)
    Shipping method</br> USPS Priority
    </br>Shipping charge</br> included
    </br>Handling time</br> 1 day
    </br>References</br> FM: flipmack, 4/3forum: flipmack
    </br>Additional comments</br>
    • Open to trade offers
    • Open to reasonable offers below asking price
    • Buyer must have a PayPal confirmed address
    Acknowledgement</br>
    • I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Attached Files:

330.jpg
      File size:
      51.5 KB
      Views:
      257.jpg
      File size:
      45.5 KB
      Views:
      334.jpg
      File size:
      62.7 KB