Vivitar 28mm f/2.5 to EPL1

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by SCT, Jul 10, 2011.

1. SCT

SCT Mu-43 Regular

Mar 8, 2011
    Landover, MD, USA
    What's the adapter I would need to mount the Vivitar 28mm f/2.5 auto wide angle lens? I just bought the lens today from a pawn shop for $21, not bad. Everything seems to be in working order; the blades are clean and moves effortlessly, no scratch anywhere, just little dust and a finger print on the outside of the lens.
  2. petronius

petronius Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2011
    That depends on the mount the Vivitar lens was made for. Vivitar made lenses for nearly every SLR camera system out there. There should be some mark like "FD", "N/Ai" or "O/OM" somewhere on the aperture ring.
  3. SCT

SCT Mu-43 Regular

Mar 8, 2011
    Landover, MD, USA
    There's a "K/AR" on the aperature ring, besides "LENS MADE IN JAPAN".
  4. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    K/AR could be Konica AR.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    It should be Konica even though people often mistake the marking to mean Pentax K with auto setting for Pentax and Ricoh. Pentax mounts are usually PK, PK/A, PK A/R, or PK A(P).
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Dan Ka

Dan Ka Mu-43 Regular

Jan 11, 2011
    Northeastern Ohio
    Yes, it is a Konica AR mount, it's on all my Vivitar lenses that I purchased for my T and AR's back in the 80's.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. SCT

SCT Mu-43 Regular

Mar 8, 2011
    Landover, MD, USA
    Thanks to all :) Just bought a Fotasy K/AR mount.

This may be a dumb question.... All micro four thirds mount are the same right with other brand of micro four thirds camera?
  8. Kammie

Kammie Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 18, 2011
    Yup, all µ4/3 lenses can be put on any µ4/3 camera without adapter. However, there is a difference between µ4/3 and the 4/3 mount. (there is an adapter for that)