1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Vivitar 28-90 macro with sticky aperture blades

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by JohnB, Nov 8, 2013.

1. JohnB

JohnB New to Mu-43

Nov 8, 2013
    Hi

I have a Vivitar 28-90 macro with sticky aperture blades ( I think that's the correct terminology ) - on a film camera the oily blades are too slow.

Just wondering if this is an issue if used manually on a lumix G1?

I did a search and couldn't find anything relevant - sorry if this is a stupid question.

2. verbatimium

verbatimium Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario
    Martin
    As long as they the blades close/open fully when the picture is taken then there will not be any issues. If one or multiple blades are not fully closed/open when you take the picture, then you got problems.

These older lenses are generally easy to take apart and clean the blades from the oil.

3. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    Shouldn't be a problem. On a film camera, generally the aperture is held wide open to aid focusing, until the shot is taken, in which case a lever springs the aperture to the desired size. On most adapters, this lever is permantly pressed in, so the camera is able to meter correctly based off of the actual light hitting the sensor.

4. JohnB

JohnB New to Mu-43

Nov 8, 2013
    Thanks very much for the advice - I will now get an adapter and try it on my G1