1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Showcase Vivitar 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 (Kobori)

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by jimr.pdx, Jan 2, 2011.

1. jimr.pdx

jimr.pdx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    near Longview ~1hr from PDX
    Jim R
    I picked up several Pentax zooms to play with on my K-7. This one bested a Rikenon 35-135 and a Sakar 28-200 as well as another Kobori-Vivitar, the 28-85. (Kobori-made Vivitars use serial numbers that begin with '77'.) It weighs out at around 470g and takes 72mm filters - but I use a step-down ring to 67mm with no ill effects.

Compared to the other zooms, the 28-105 shows greater contrast and very nice color, and somehow a bit more crispness on the preview screen which makes for better focusing. It isn't great for flare resistance but the others were worse. It also has 1:5ish "macro" abilities at the long end. For Pentax users it has the 'A' aperture setting, which means nothing to :43: cameras of course.

Here are two samples of the neighbor's bird feeder - these were shot through our double-pane sliding door (it was Cold out :wink:) and from RAW images processed in Elements 9. Feeder is about 25' from me, background about 50' away. I tried the other zooms out on my G1 as well, and results were the same as on the K-7: this lens is easily the best of my adapted zooms!

P1030483L.

P1030480L.

• Like Like x 3
  2. derick

derick Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2011
    I was wondering if I was going to find anyone else with this lens....bought it for my Pentax ME Super ca. 1993. I haven't used it a lot but got some good prelim. results with an adapter and oly ep3....will post soon.

3. derick

derick Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2011
    Haven't used it a lot with the ep3 I mean. Used it a ton back in the day.