Showcase Vivitar 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 (Kobori)

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by jimr.pdx, Jan 2, 2011.

1. jimr.pdx

jimr.pdx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    near Longview ~1hr from PDX
    Jim R
    I picked up several Pentax zooms to play with on my K-7. This one bested a Rikenon 35-135 and a Sakar 28-200 as well as another Kobori-Vivitar, the 28-85. (Kobori-made Vivitars use serial numbers that begin with '77'.) It weighs out at around 470g and takes 72mm filters - but I use a step-down ring to 67mm with no ill effects.

Compared to the other zooms, the 28-105 shows greater contrast and very nice color, and somehow a bit more crispness on the preview screen which makes for better focusing. It isn't great for flare resistance but the others were worse. It also has 1:5ish "macro" abilities at the long end. For Pentax users it has the 'A' aperture setting, which means nothing to :43: cameras of course.

Here are two samples of the neighbor's bird feeder - these were shot through our double-pane sliding door (it was Cold out :wink:) and from RAW images processed in Elements 9. Feeder is about 25' from me, background about 50' away. I tried the other zooms out on my G1 as well, and results were the same as on the K-7: this lens is easily the best of my adapted zooms!

P1030483L.jpg

P1030480L.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. derick

derick Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2011
    I was wondering if I was going to find anyone else with this lens....bought it for my Pentax ME Super ca. 1993. I haven't used it a lot but got some good prelim. results with an adapter and oly ep3....will post soon.

3. derick

derick Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2011
    Haven't used it a lot with the ep3 I mean. Used it a ton back in the day.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.