1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Vivid Opera

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by PeterB666, Jun 18, 2010.

1. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    My last Sydney Vivid shot that I will be posting (it ends this weekend and I won't be doing another shoot). This one is from the Sydney Opera House forecourt and of course it is a night shot with my Olympus E-P1 and Olympus M.Zuiko 9-18mm lens set to 9mm.

4711685412_80704d069d_b.

The ISO has been bumped up to 400 to get a couple of people rather than shadows in the picture but it is still a 2 second exposure at f/5.6.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Wonderful shot ! Thanks Peter.

3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Very nice shot and I have a mildly terrible admission to make. As many pictures as I've seen of the opera house and despite having seen it in person when I was 14 (admittedly from a distance), I didn't realize it was three separate structures. Actually takes some of the mystery out of it. Kind of a shame almost.

-Ray

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Another beauty Peter and a super example of this new lens's use. I've really enjoyed your series.

5. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

Beautiful shot Peter....well exposed and I like the fact that you have a human element to it.