Vivid Opera

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by PeterB666, Jun 18, 2010.

1. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    My last Sydney Vivid shot that I will be posting (it ends this weekend and I won't be doing another shoot). This one is from the Sydney Opera House forecourt and of course it is a night shot with my Olympus E-P1 and Olympus M.Zuiko 9-18mm lens set to 9mm.

4711685412_80704d069d_b.

The ISO has been bumped up to 400 to get a couple of people rather than shadows in the picture but it is still a 2 second exposure at f/5.6.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Wonderful shot ! Thanks Peter.

3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Very nice shot and I have a mildly terrible admission to make. As many pictures as I've seen of the opera house and despite having seen it in person when I was 14 (admittedly from a distance), I didn't realize it was three separate structures. Actually takes some of the mystery out of it. Kind of a shame almost.

-Ray

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Another beauty Peter and a super example of this new lens's use. I've really enjoyed your series.

5. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

Beautiful shot Peter....well exposed and I like the fact that you have a human element to it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.