Viv Series 1 shots

Hards80

Mu-43 Rookie
Figured I would show a few images for my first real post. These are from my Vivitar (Kiron) 105mm 2.5 macro.

1st - It mounted on my EPL1
viv3.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

flowerviv.jpg

YellownGreen.jpg

SproutingLeave.jpg

redleaf.jpg

fungi4.jpg

Hards80

Mu-43 Rookie
thanks all for the kind words. this lens is definitely one of the better "finds" for me. its very sharp, pleasant oof areas, and great build.

@bilzmale - yes, every one was shot with a tripod.

s0nus

Mu-43 Veteran
How heavy is this lens? You're not worried about putting stress on your mount? Have you thought about a lens collar mount?

I ask because I too just won a bid for this lens, so I'm starting to think of how I will be using it.

Hards80

Mu-43 Rookie
if i am carrying it around, i usually carry it by the lens, or have the lens pointing down. but i don't really worry about the heft on the epl1, its a solid connection and it hasn't really bothered me much.

congratulations its a heck of a sharp lens with great build quality, you will enjoy

s0nus

Mu-43 Veteran
if i am carrying it around, i usually carry it by the lens, or have the lens pointing down. but i don't really worry about the heft on the epl1, its a solid connection and it hasn't really bothered me much.

congratulations its a heck of a sharp lens with great build quality, you will enjoy

Thanks for the info!

On a related note, I wonder why nobody makes adapters with tripod mounts built into them.

Hards80

Mu-43 Rookie
yes, i think having an adapter with a tripod mount would actually be a very nice idea and would be useful with some of these longer heavier lenses, it would sure make the balance point on a tripod better for the big viv.

s0nus

Mu-43 Veteran
Just got the lens and adapter! I can't wait till spring rolls around and some flowers start blooming! Don't mean to hijack the thread, but here's a test shot I just made. We found this little guy, probably long dead, laying in a dusty corner of the house.

1 second, f8, ISO 500, closest focus (1:1)
JPEG straight out of the camera (EPL1), just resized:
ilFV1M.JPG

Latest threads

Top Bottom