1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Visit to the Science & Nature Museum

Discussion in 'Nature' started by ~tc~, Dec 7, 2010.

1. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    The mineral/gem collection and butterfly pavillion at the Houston Museum of Nature and Science, mostly with the "overpriced" PL45/2.8 :) 

All of these are through glass.

cool shell
    ry%3D400.

On to the minerals:
    ry%3D400.

ry%3D400.

ry%3D400.

ry%3D400.

ry%3D400.

ry%3D400.

ry%3D400.

On to the butterfly pavillion:
    ry%3D400.

not sure how I feel about this one
    ry%3D400.

ry%3D400.

ry%3D400.

ry%3D400.

I need more practice at close distances and to realize I actually have control over DOF now ... and wide-open ain't gonna always be the best option as it was on my P&S ...

• Like Like x 3
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Well, maybe you think the lens is overpriced but your doing a he** of a job with it.
    They look good and the lens complements your eyes.
    Don

3. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Thanks. I don't think it is overpriced - first, I got a great deal, second, like most people that own it, I think it is amazing! Seems a professional photographer with a blog considers it "not recommended" because it is so expensive and focuses slow.

Taking interesting pictures is a lot easier when you have interesting subjects. :) 

I had been to the butterfly pavillion before, but there were a bunch more than I remembered. This was my first time to the mineral/gem vault ... I wonder if they let people with tripods in there ... it was unbelievable - I can't imagine what that all is worth.

I'll get everything into a shutterfly album soon so you can see the rest.

Oh, and these are the OOC JPG - I actually shot RAW+JPG this time (for the first time) so I'll be trying to figure out Silkypix here soon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.