1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Visit to the Science & Nature Museum

Discussion in 'Nature' started by ~tc~, Dec 7, 2010.

1. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    The mineral/gem collection and butterfly pavillion at the Houston Museum of Nature and Science, mostly with the "overpriced" PL45/2.8 :)

All of these are through glass.

cool shell
    ry%3D400.

On to the minerals:
    ry%3D400.

ry%3D400.

ry%3D400.

ry%3D400.

ry%3D400.

ry%3D400.

ry%3D400.

On to the butterfly pavillion:
    ry%3D400.

not sure how I feel about this one
    ry%3D400.

ry%3D400.

ry%3D400.

ry%3D400.

I need more practice at close distances and to realize I actually have control over DOF now ... and wide-open ain't gonna always be the best option as it was on my P&S ...

• Like Like x 3
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Well, maybe you think the lens is overpriced but your doing a he** of a job with it.
    They look good and the lens complements your eyes.
    Don

3. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Thanks. I don't think it is overpriced - first, I got a great deal, second, like most people that own it, I think it is amazing! Seems a professional photographer with a blog considers it "not recommended" because it is so expensive and focuses slow.

Taking interesting pictures is a lot easier when you have interesting subjects. :)

I had been to the butterfly pavillion before, but there were a bunch more than I remembered. This was my first time to the mineral/gem vault ... I wonder if they let people with tripods in there ... it was unbelievable - I can't imagine what that all is worth.

I'll get everything into a shutterfly album soon so you can see the rest.

Oh, and these are the OOC JPG - I actually shot RAW+JPG this time (for the first time) so I'll be trying to figure out Silkypix here soon.