1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Vintage style brown leather camera bags?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by VinVin, Oct 11, 2011.

1. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    Hi guys,

I'm looking for a vintage style brown leather camera bag that won't cost me an arm and a leg. What I plan on putting inside are the following:

E-P1 Body
    E-P3 Body (Picking this up when henry's gets the kit I want in, hopefully within the next 2 weeks)
    2 extra batteries
    Olympus Pen EES-2
    2 rolls of film
    A set of Kola color flash filters (8 Colors)
    Oly 14-42mm (The one that came with the E-P1)
    Oly 17mm f2.8
    Fujian 35mm f1.7 cctv lens with C-Mount Adapter
    Fujian 25mm f1.4 cctv lens
    Hexanon AR->M4/3 adapter
    Konica Hexanon 40mm f1.8 pancake
    Konica Hexanon 57mm f1.4
    Nikon->M4/3 adapter
    Tamron 28mm f2.5 (nikon Mount)
    Vivitar 28mm f2.8 macro (nikon Mount)
    Nikon 50mm f1.8
    Nissin Di-466 Flash for Micro Four Thirds
    Lomography Colorsplash Flash

I know it's a lot to carry around but this is still lighter than carrying my Nikon stuff around.

Preferably it would look like this one and have separators inside:

Brown_PU_Leather_DSLR_SLR_Digital_Camera_Bag_Retro_Pouch_Case_Phone_MP4_Holder_EMS_Free_Shipping.

Thanks!

-Kevin

2. Stephen Geis

Stephen Geis Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    I have to admit, this item stuck out as a bit odd in the kit that you describe ...

3. Stephen Geis

Stephen Geis Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    Never mind - missed the EES-2 you plan to pack in there. ]

Have to admit, my shoulder is getting tired thinking about lugging around all of that equipment though. I've recently been forcing myself to edit to one body, three lens kits with a FL36r Flash - much more portable

4. soundimageplus

soundimageplus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 2, 2010
    Worcestershire
    Have you ever thought about hiring an assistant?

5. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    Dude! You don't need a camera bag; you need a steamer trunk and a Sherpa porter... but seriously, why not just separate the issues of bag/ interior; find a bag you like the right size, new or old, then pirate the dividers from a cheapy nylon bag, then with a bit of velcro inside, voila!

6. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    Haven (L)

Then you can use any bag you want.

Gordon

7. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    Haha thanks everyone, I just want something that looks nice for when me and my friends go out to shoot. Occasionally me and a few friends would go out for a day just to take pictures, a mini road trip if you will.

Normally I just take one film, one digital and 2-3 lenses, and my ipad out with me but I bring more when I go on those shoot days haha.

I will try to look for something that I can modify to my own liking though, even though a personal assistant would be nice haha but I can't afford that right now :p

That Haven bag insert looks pretty good too I'll look into it.

Thanks!

8. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    I was going to suggest any leather bag big enough for your needs plus however many inserts you need for your gear. There are many other inserts than the Crumpler Haven inserts (I have the medium Haven). Keep your options open.

9. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    So my dad gave me a leather bag that used to hold his camcorder. It fits everything listed... doesn't really feel that heavy either. Not the style I wanted but at least it handles everything and saves me some money.

10. Wes7

Wes7 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 22, 2011
    Lesotho
    Just a heads up, Saddleback Leather is coming out with a range of camera bags sometime before the holidays. They won't be cheap, but the quality will be amazing. It's something to save for if the camcorder bag grows tiresome.

The only product I have from them is an iPad sleeve, but man-oh-man, is it ever nice. They call it their "gateway drug", and that is not inaccurate.

• Like Like x 1
  11. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

The problem with leather bags is they themselves also weigh a lot compared to canvas and ballistic nylon.

When I carry a lot of stuff but not enough to justify lugging a pelican, I use this bag:

Jack Medium Camera Bag - Jack Collection - Collections

I'm pretty happy with it... leather looks great. Very configurable. Their leather messenger is even larger. I prefer my Domke camera bags actually... but this is larger than my domke canvas bags and offer a bit more protection at the expense of weight.

• Like Like x 1
  12. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    That is a nice looking bag! :D

13. Declan

Declan Mu-43 Regular

the brown leather bag is good, but it is you should need an assistance for those equipment:)

14. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii

Cool, I have been looking at the Saddleback satchels for a long time but I can wait a few more weeks. I hope.

Stefan

15. hanzo

hanzo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 22, 2010
    Chan
    Not the vintage one I hope :rofl:

16. Jordan

Jordan Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2011
    Houston, TX
    It is indeed their gateway drug. I bought the iPad 2 case and a medium wallet from them. I just bought the large Satchel to use for school and as a camera bag for my small M 4/3rds collection, which is working well so far. I also just received the MacBook Air sleeve from them as well.

The quality of their bags are great. Definitely can feel the extra weight of the thick leather they use. I don't have an insert to use with the Large Satchel but I am looking at the ONA Roma insert to use with it, and still have room to have my iPad2 in the bag.