Vintage style bag for GH2 w/Pancake?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by thebmillz, Sep 7, 2012.

1. thebmillz

thebmillz Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 31, 2012
    Hi all,

Weirdly specific question today!

I really like these sorts of vintage bags:
    Leica Brown Leather Case for M3 Rangefinder Camera Body Germany | eBay

That have just enough room to hold the camera and a small lens. I have the Panasonic GH2 with the 14-42mm X Pancake lens and I'd love to be able to have something that I can wear around my neck that detaches at a moment's notice to take photos. As opposed to my bigger bulkier bag that can fit a mic and stuff in it.

I'm in LA and I've found there's a lack of used camera stops around here, so I take it I'll have to go online. I just don't want to order a case that won't fit. I also can't figure out if there's a name for the style I'm talking about above.

Alright, enough rambling. Thanks!
  2. 6x6

6x6 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 12, 2011
  3. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    For the price, you may be in the ballpark of looking at a custom leather case. I am going to be abroad for 9 months, but am looking at doing something similar (starting with a half case, and then the cover) for my G3. Not offering to build it for you, but giving an idea to look at.

Nevermind, I looked at the prices for the 6x6 member's link. No way anyone would touch a case like this for less than about 125-150, and may be upwards of 200+. But you would get the option of customizing it to fit your camera exactly. Just an idea.