1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Vintage style bag for GH2 w/Pancake?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by thebmillz, Sep 7, 2012.

1. thebmillz

thebmillz Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 31, 2012
    Hi all,

Weirdly specific question today!

I really like these sorts of vintage bags:
    Leica Brown Leather Case for M3 Rangefinder Camera Body Germany | eBay

That have just enough room to hold the camera and a small lens. I have the Panasonic GH2 with the 14-42mm X Pancake lens and I'd love to be able to have something that I can wear around my neck that detaches at a moment's notice to take photos. As opposed to my bigger bulkier bag that can fit a mic and stuff in it.

I'm in LA and I've found there's a lack of used camera stops around here, so I take it I'll have to go online. I just don't want to order a case that won't fit. I also can't figure out if there's a name for the style I'm talking about above.

Alright, enough rambling. Thanks!

2. 6x6

6x6 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 12, 2011
  3. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    For the price, you may be in the ballpark of looking at a custom leather case. I am going to be abroad for 9 months, but am looking at doing something similar (starting with a half case, and then the cover) for my G3. Not offering to build it for you, but giving an idea to look at.

Nevermind, I looked at the prices for the 6x6 member's link. No way anyone would touch a case like this for less than about 125-150, and may be upwards of 200+. But you would get the option of customizing it to fit your camera exactly. Just an idea.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.