Vintage photoshoot

pake

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Teemu
I joined this TFCD group in Facebook a few months ago and noticed a couple asking for a photographer to create a vintage photo of them. I volunteered right away since I need(ed) more experience in shooting people and had created a similar photo not that long ago. They had old photos of their relatives (grandparents etc.) and wanted similar photos of themselves. The idea was to make the photos look old with scratches etc. TBH (in retrospective) I was too afraid to ruin the photos and was perhaps a bit too subtle with my editing. I made a couple of different actions in Photoshop so I now can easily turn any photo into a vintage one. ;)

So... We met at the couple's home and shot there. There were just enough space for the shoot and the walls were pretty great so didn't have to use my backdrop + stands at all - which was a nice surprise. Since this photo shoot was in February I can't remember anymore whether I shot these with "2x Godox TT350o" or "Godox TT685o + TT350o" combo. And I think I had white umbrellas on both flashes and shot through them (or bounced the light of other walls to get even softer light). (Perhaps I should write these things down for later references... :D )

What I do remember is that I shot with my E-M5 and 12-40mm f/2.8. And I did deliberately shoot with high ISO to get appropriate/natural noise to the photos.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Mira & Markus - 2019/02 - EM574507 by Teemu Paukamainen, on Flickr

Mira & Markus - 2019/02 - EM574509 by Teemu Paukamainen, on Flickr

Mira & Markus - 2019/02 - EM574523 by Teemu Paukamainen, on Flickr

Mira & Markus - 2019/02 - EM574549 by Teemu Paukamainen, on Flickr

Mira & Markus - 2019/02 - EM574560 by Teemu Paukamainen, on Flickr

Mira & Markus - 2019/02 - EM574593 by Teemu Paukamainen, on Flickr

C&C appreciated.

pake

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Teemu
It sort of stands out as being too sharp and detailed! The PP looks good though.
Thanks. Yep. I should have been waaaay more aggressive with the blur filters and other "ruining" methods. :D I think I gave 'em a few versions with softer image than I posted online.

Jeffcs

Mu-43 All-Pro
Awesome they look as though they were 1890ds
The poses and cloths are spot on she looks like my great,great grand mother

pake

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Teemu
Awesome they look as though they were 1890ds
The poses and cloths are spot on she looks like my great,great grand mother
Thank you!! :)
In fact one thing I liked about the shoot was the fact that I didn't really need to pose the couple since people didn't smile in the photos back in the days. That helped me to concentrate more on the technical part. Obviously I still needed to ask them to sometimes raise their chins and tell 'em where to look at etc. But it was a very educating experience and I'm happy I did it.

Pluttis

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
Nice set with good feel and PP.
Think the feel in the images would be even better with a softer and dreamy look, maybe try to make a composit with second picture and add in a floor more contemporary for the look.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom