1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Vintage Olympus Hunter Strap (old-skool!)

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Luckypenguin, Feb 24, 2011.

1. It seems there are lots of hi-tech new camera straps available now to replace the standard OEM neckstraps. I decided to go in the other direction.

Too far???

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/55915417@N08/5473700362/" title="IMG_3361-PPR Olympus Pen E-P1 Micro 4/3 by Lucky.penguin, on Flickr"> 5473700362_abbea133c5_z. "640" height="426" alt="IMG_3361-PPR Olympus Pen E-P1 Micro 4/3" /></a>

• Like Like x 5
  2. pboga

pboga Mu-43 Regular

Dec 6, 2010
    Brazil
    That's pretty cool!

Where did you got it?

• Like Like x 2
  3. mauve

mauve Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
    Hum... the e-p1 is 'vintage' looking enough, but I'd rather have a so-called 'hippie' neck strap myself. Just a matter of personal taste, I reckon. More groovie, would be a 'back to the swinging 60s' kind of trip.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kosta

Kosta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 29, 2010
    Australia
    awesome! love it! :) very nostalgic

• Like Like x 1
  5. It came from eBay and cost me about AUS$20 shipped from the UK. It was perhpas a bit indulgent but when I saw one for the first time I had to have it. Of the few I've seen available not all have the original black loops to attach to the camera. Trouble is I've not sure how much I trust the 20+ year plastic in them so I am scouting for a stronger (but still cool-looking) alternative.

6. Hippie strap! Sounds cool, where do I get one? :smile:

7. mauve

mauve Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
  8. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hey Nic, "Far out man"

9. I though they might have been the 'Hippie straps' you were referring to. Psychadelic, man. Maybe I can get one of those for my Canon. For the E-P1 though I'm liking the 'vintage chic' of the Hunter Strap.

Alan, is that the suppressed former hippie in you calling out? :smile:

10. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hi Nic,

It's former, but not too suppressed.....

11. Good to hear.

12. So anyway, it turns out that it is just a liitle bit itchy :eek: It's still staying, though!