Viltrox's metabones speedbooster alternative: The EF-M2

junkyardsparkle

haunted scrap heap
Confession that I was not looking at the EF-Mx for adaptation of modern lenses. I was looking for an option for a focal length reducer for use with MF vintage lenses, at a price below the Metabones.
If you don't need the electronics, you might investigate the Zhongyi Lens Turbo II... good optics, but some have noted a tendency for vignetting with long lenses. I don't know if it's actually any worse than the Viltrox in this regard or not, but there might be some comparisons out there...

ektar

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Don
If you don't need the electronics, you might investigate the Zhongyi Lens Turbo II... good optics, but some have noted a tendency for vignetting with long lenses. I don't know if it's actually any worse than the Viltrox in this regard or not, but there might be some comparisons out there...
Thanks for the info. Have one on the way; managed to find a "no BS" seller. I'll likely use it mainly for the short end; have a Pentax-K Vivitar 17mm on the way to check out.

Ed Diaz

Mu-43 Regular
Has there been a FW update that allows the EF-M2 to work with manual focus lenses? I previously read that MF lenses wouldn't work without covering the contacts on the adapter.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom