1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Vigeland Park Monolith

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by alehel, Jul 21, 2011.

1. alehel

alehel New to Mu-43

Jul 21, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Briar

Briar Mu-43 Regular

Jun 13, 2010
    Bonnie Scotland
    Hi, welcome to mu-43.

I was one of those tourists many years ago, have to say it's a very unusual sculpture park. Certainly plenty to photograph there, both with and without the tourists in your shots. If you live in/near Oslo I would definitely recommend going back to photograph the curious tourists as they explore the park's sculptures.

3. alehel

alehel New to Mu-43

Jul 21, 2011
    I certainly have nothing against tourists. I've been there several times during the day when it is packed with them. I decided though that I wanted to see what the place looked like empty. Here is a shot I took the day before with a few tourists there using the m.zuiko 40-150.

View attachment 170660
    Vigeland Park - Monolith by alehel, on Flickr

When walking round Vigeland park I felt for the first time limited by the dynamic range of the E-PL1. I've never really felt it was a problem before, but now I really had to work to get the cloud out of the burnt out sky when I went through the pictures on my computer. I hope dynamic range is next on Olympus priority list.

A VF-2 is also definitely on my "to-buy" list. I found it a bit difficult to hold the m.zuiko 40-150 steady at the long end. I suspect that a viewfinder might simplify this task.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.