1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Vigeland Park Monolith

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by alehel, Jul 21, 2011.

1. alehel

alehel New to Mu-43

Jul 21, 2011
    Got up early today and drove to Vigeland Park in Oslo to get some shots before the tourists started showing up. I originally went to test my new m.zuiko 40-150, but my only two keepers were both taken using my 14-42mm kit lens. The lens itself was great, but I just didn't get any worth keeping this time out.

Here are my two keepers :).

Vigeland Park - Monolith by alehel, on Flickr

• Like Like x 1
  2. Briar

Briar Mu-43 Regular

Jun 13, 2010
    Bonnie Scotland
    Hi, welcome to mu-43.

I was one of those tourists many years ago, have to say it's a very unusual sculpture park. Certainly plenty to photograph there, both with and without the tourists in your shots. If you live in/near Oslo I would definitely recommend going back to photograph the curious tourists as they explore the park's sculptures.

3. alehel

alehel New to Mu-43

Jul 21, 2011
    I certainly have nothing against tourists. I've been there several times during the day when it is packed with them. I decided though that I wanted to see what the place looked like empty. Here is a shot I took the day before with a few tourists there using the m.zuiko 40-150.

When walking round Vigeland park I felt for the first time limited by the dynamic range of the E-PL1. I've never really felt it was a problem before, but now I really had to work to get the cloud out of the burnt out sky when I went through the pictures on my computer. I hope dynamic range is next on Olympus priority list.

A VF-2 is also definitely on my "to-buy" list. I found it a bit difficult to hold the m.zuiko 40-150 steady at the long end. I suspect that a viewfinder might simplify this task.