Views over Ewden Beck...

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Hello everyone,

I took advantage of the cold (-4.5C) this morning, to take a walk after the school run with the E-P2 + 20mm f1.7... a great camera for these conditions, on a wrist strap in my left hand with thin thermal gloves it was so easy to carry and use.

The very cold, powdery snow made the going easy through the usually boggy ground.

The EVF was pretty useful for framing the bright snow scenes, just takes a bit of getting used to after the simpler E-P1.

I've added the location to my collection of views of the Peak District. Hope it helps!

C&C Welcome and appreciated.

Cheers

Brian

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
as usual great shots

what was the sky like? - I always have trouble balancing the two

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Hi Bill, the sky wasn't too bright - the sun wasn't too high in the sky, and very soft cloud cover.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers

Brian

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
I'll admit it, I'm envious of where you live!!!!!

That out of the way, I really like that second one. Great use of the break in the stone wall as a natural framing device. The focus on that beautiful snow covered tree (what kind is it?) is enhanced by the windswept appearance of the golden brownish growth on the right but we're brought back around to that main tree and thee subtle vista behind it. Beautifully seen and captured!

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Thanks BB, lost track of this thread...

...and this evening, we have snow :cloud-9-039:

E-P2 + 20mm f1.7
1/100s f/2.0 at 20.0mm iso250

E-P2 + 20mm f1.7
1/100s f/2.0 at 20.0mm iso160

If you notice the odd ISO values... when I saw this scene, I wanted to jump out of the car, and spend as little time as possible setting the camera for exposure.

So before getting out of the car, I switched the E-P2 into Manual exposure, set it to 1/100sec and f2 with Auto ISO... voila! no fuss, best image quality possible for the given exposure :biggrin:

I love Auto ISO in Manual exposure mode... really practical feature.

Cheers

Brian

Cheers

Brian

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
Marvelous Brian

When I get my 20 1.7 do you think that i will be able to take images like that - I doubt it?

(as indicated in the Quest - you are the "outdoor" man)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom