Viewfinder vs Rear LCD

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by d2mini, Nov 19, 2012.

1. d2mini

d2mini Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2012
    Fulshear, TX
    I've recently changed the auto-switching option to manual because I was tired of trying to shoot with the rear lcd and my hand getting in the way of the sensor, triggering it to switch to the view finder. And tired of waiting for it to switch to the vf when i put my eye up to it.

What I'm wondering is if there is a way to get the menus to always show up on the rear lcd? Just like when you hit the play button for image review... they images show up on the rear lcd. I would like this for the menu system too (super control panel).
  2. d2mini

d2mini Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2012
    Fulshear, TX
    I guess that's a big fat "NO!" :biggrin:
  3. alvinksu

alvinksu Mu-43 Regular

Nov 20, 2012
    New York
    I tried it. Once you turn off the auto switching, the SCP only shows up on EVF. That sucks! It should stay on the LCD like when using Evolt series or any DSLR.
  4. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    You never mentioned which camera, but assuming E-M5.

In this setup, menus STILL appear on the back OLED (not an LCD).

As for SCP, if you tap the monitor button on the side of the EVF and toggle the monitor on, it will then appear on the monitor.
  5. markl9

markl9 Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 9, 2012
  6. mcshort

mcshort Mu-43 Regular

Nov 21, 2012
    czech republic
    i had few days evf from my friend, i was not much satisfied. Now i used on my E-PL1 ordinary LCD viefinder for 3inch displays DSLR (for me better conrol, for mf focus on m42 lens, free hotshoe for some equipement and safe much money 8EUR vs 100EUR :D )