Viewer 3 Olympus defect

PBlondeel

New to Mu-43
When I custom a picture and export it to a other map it still the original and not the custom one?

RichardB

Snapshooter
Real Name
Richard
If I understand your question correctly, the ORF files does not change, but the thumbnail preview of the ORF file changes to reflect the edits you made on the file. You can open the ORF and make more changes, such as removing a crop, then export it again (as a TIF or JPG file).

PBlondeel

New to Mu-43
When I made a change in ORF and export it, the original picture remains in the other map and not the custom one, it is a jpg without the changes.

PBlondeel

New to Mu-43
Sorry for my bad English, a map with a name "persons" and a other is "mother" , so I export a picture from map mother to map persons.

PakkyT

Mu-43 Legend
When I made a change in ORF and export it, the original picture remains in the other map and not the custom one, it is a jpg without the changes.
Let me see if I understand.

You have an ORF. You then make edits to it in Viewer 3. You then use the Export image function to create a new JPG. But your JPG does not have the edits?

Last edited:

mcasan

Mu-43 All-Pro
Stop using Viewer for anything. Move on to one of the many other post processing tools: Lightroom, Capture 1 Pro, Affinity, Photo Mechanic, Photo RAW, Luminar.....even Photos if on a Mac.

WhidbeyLVR

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Lyle
@PBlondeel
When exporting from Olympus Viewer 3 (Windows version) there are options for file name and destination, including "Remember Destination Folder". If you are exporting multiple images at once, there is also an option for renaming rules. Is there a chance that you are saving the modified JPEGs under a different (modified) name or in a different (remembered) folder? Or that the old JPEG is write-protected so you cannot modify it?

PBlondeel

New to Mu-43
In 2014 a had the same problem, after a system reset or system repair from a earlier date it works for 2 years till December 2016, now after 2 weeks searching I did again a system reset and it went good for 4 day's, again the edit ORF picture after exporting to a new JPG the changes I made did't occur, it remain the same ORF picture but in jpg.
iMac with Sierra.

PBlondeel

New to Mu-43
com.olympus.CamBlockCommandsDeviceUP also Olympus DSCSSiDriver.kext not loaded
Maybe that is the reason Viewer don't work probably ?

Latest threads

Top Bottom