1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Viewer 2 Won't Load on my Vista 64bit Machine

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by dcisive, May 30, 2012.

1. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    Is there something someone isn't telling me? Every time I download and try to install the Viewer 2 program right after it starts to load it crashes with an error. Tried it off the disc as well....same deal. Guess I"ll have to scrape up for the upgrade for my Lightroom 3.6 to 4.1 and just forget about it:rolleyes:

2. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    I tried that and 2 other sources, NONE load without the error. OH well.

3. OPSSam

OPSSam Mu-43 Regular

Dec 18, 2010
    NC
    Does the error end in a number like 1603 or a runtime error?

Msxml.msi 4.0 sp3 , I had that kind of problem once, that cleared it up (after researching and finding the answer). If that's not what you have forget I mentioned it.

4. EP1-GF1

EP1-GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 12, 2011
    Works OK on my Vista 64 laptop - so it's possible. No problems installing it. Wish I could be more helpful though.

5. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Have you tried cleaning up your registry? CCleaner (formerly crap clearner) works just fine for me. It's never removed anything it should not have, but it has a back up feature that should return the deleted items if you should find it necessary.

6. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    I have a better cleaner for my computer. It's called "SystemCare" by IObit. A superb program. I can assure you my registry is clean as a whistle. That's not the issue. Frankly I'll just leave it alone and wait a few more weeks till I can upgrade my Adobe Photoshop to CS6 as well as Lightroom 4.1. I would use those all the time anyway. I just thought it would be interesting to check out. Hopefully the camera does NOT require the program in order to update firmware on the lens and camera. I need to update the lens to 1.1 tomorrow. The camera is already that version.

7. fdifulco

fdifulco Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 28, 2011
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Frank
    the update for camera and lens is done by the Olympus updater program.

Firmware Update Instructions

this list all the version updates available.

you need to follow the directions very carefully and pay close attention to the camera screen - it tells you when complete.

hope this helps

frank

8. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    Thanks for that link. Looks like I need to update the firmware on the lens only. I'll do that tonight when I get home:biggrin: