Vientiane, Laos and Thanks

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by BlairMacKay, Mar 13, 2010.

1. BlairMacKay

BlairMacKay Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Calgary, Alberta

Hi all, I got back from my one month in Laos a couple of weeks ago. I have been busy with work and the the new city so I just got around to processing the pics now.

It was alot of fun but rather dissapointing after our three weeks in China. The landscapes weren't as impressive and the food was rather bland... Great beer and great coffee though! so it was definitely worth it. Thanks to Amin, BBW, sebastel and all the people who commented on my blog(http://mu-43.com/blog.php?b=36) it made it easier to write knowing people were reading!

Unfortunately, the computer situation in Laos (and Beer) made it hard to upload pics so the blog died... I will post the pics in independent threads in the travel section. This first set is of Vientiane, the capital of Laos. C&C welcome and appreciated.

Patuxai
    [​IMG]

View from Patuxai
    [​IMG]

School
    [​IMG]

School
    [​IMG]

Reclining Buddha (Buddha Park)
    [​IMG]

Hell section in the Heaven, earth, and Hell Sculpture (Buddha Park)
    [​IMG]

Pha That Luang
    [​IMG]

Entrance to Pha That Luang
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  2. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Wow, I love your second shot!

3. apt-efx

apt-efx Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 3, 2010
    I agree with Herman, the second shot is just so... precise.

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Blair, thanks so much for these - do love that second one especially but I appreciate all and the ones of those little boys make me smile!

What a trip - I commend you for all that you did on the blog...even an "Image Quest" upload, if I'm not mistaken!:biggrin:

You must have a huge store of memories and photographs to go with them... Perhaps at some point you might put them on Flickr or ? Right now I can't remember if you use Flickr or not.. Be sure to print some if you can. Easy for me to say, and not do.

Are you living in China? You still have that as your location...

Reading your blog was both great fun and a little window into a completely different world for me. I enjoyed each entry and all of your photos, as well.:bravo-009: Many, many thanks, Blair.

5. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    beautiful set!!

6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Great to see more of your photography, Blair! I love the Reclining Buddha and detail of the Hell section.

7. BlairMacKay

BlairMacKay Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Calgary, Alberta
    Thanks for the comments!

BBW, yes it was a very fun trip, but it is good to start working again. I use to have a flickr website but none of the images I have been posting show up... I think China is blocking it. I will try and find another website to post them.

I am still in NorthEast China, but moved to a new city (Jilin). It is nice but moving hasn't been too fun ;) I will post the rest of my Laos picks in the travel section in the next few days!

8. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Thanks for your update Blair. We'll be waiting for you when you have the time!