Vientiane, Laos and Thanks

BlairMacKay

Mu-43 Regular

Hi all, I got back from my one month in Laos a couple of weeks ago. I have been busy with work and the the new city so I just got around to processing the pics now.

It was alot of fun but rather dissapointing after our three weeks in China. The landscapes weren't as impressive and the food was rather bland... Great beer and great coffee though! so it was definitely worth it. Thanks to Amin, BBW, sebastel and all the people who commented on my blog(http://mu-43.com/blog.php?b=36) it made it easier to write knowing people were reading!

Unfortunately, the computer situation in Laos (and Beer) made it hard to upload pics so the blog died... I will post the pics in independent threads in the travel section. This first set is of Vientiane, the capital of Laos. C&C welcome and appreciated.

Patuxai
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View from Patuxai

School

School

Reclining Buddha (Buddha Park)

Hell section in the Heaven, earth, and Hell Sculpture (Buddha Park)

Pha That Luang

Entrance to Pha That Luang

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Blair, thanks so much for these - do love that second one especially but I appreciate all and the ones of those little boys make me smile!

What a trip - I commend you for all that you did on the blog...even an "Image Quest" upload, if I'm not mistaken!:biggrin:

You must have a huge store of memories and photographs to go with them... Perhaps at some point you might put them on Flickr or ? Right now I can't remember if you use Flickr or not.. Be sure to print some if you can. Easy for me to say, and not do.

Are you living in China? You still have that as your location...

Reading your blog was both great fun and a little window into a completely different world for me. I enjoyed each entry and all of your photos, as well.:bravo-009: Many, many thanks, Blair.

BlairMacKay

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks for the comments!

BBW, yes it was a very fun trip, but it is good to start working again. I use to have a flickr website but none of the images I have been posting show up... I think China is blocking it. I will try and find another website to post them.

I am still in NorthEast China, but moved to a new city (Jilin). It is nice but moving hasn't been too fun ;) I will post the rest of my Laos picks in the travel section in the next few days!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom