1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Videos made with my E-P1

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by HelgenX, Apr 5, 2012.

1. HelgenX

HelgenX Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 5, 2012
    NYC
    Hello all, sorry I'm new and just barging in here, but it's simply for the love of M43's and so forth. I'd like to show some videos I've made with the E-P1 and 17mm.

A Good Night - YouTube

Chilled - YouTube

http://youtu.be/D9GXLJXKshU

Practice - YouTube

Let me know what you think, these were all done like 2 months after getting the E-P1 without prior experience in DSLR's (if you want to count this one in.)

Pardon, the last 2 were obviously stop motion but taken with the E-P1, and the 2nd one was applied a simple filter for old TV effect.

2. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

WELCOME

Hi
    Welcome to this MFT forum and hope u will enjoy ur olympus P1 with 17 mm lens.Its a wonderful camera .Videos are nice and we need to see some more pics from u
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

3. blaffendespin

blaffendespin Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2012
    Rexburg, ID
    Nice work. But the video with the bugs in the jars really creeped me out! :eek:

4. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    Understand you are learning...but you should start thinking about editing....it's what makes a video interesting to watch...video isn't a still picture that moves...it's the assembly of a series of shots to tell a story or convey an emotion or idea.

Just my thoughts....what is amazing is that modern digital cameras have a quality of video that was unimaginable even 10 years ago.

However the 'language' of video/film is much more complex than the simple composition of a still image

Cheers

K

5. HelgenX

HelgenX Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 5, 2012
    NYC
    Thanks for the feedback! I doubt I'd ever do videography, but I'd be more than happy to give it more a try with my E-P1 and 2. I understand editing is a major process in video, but if you were referring to how I edited the videos, that I DO know sucked haha! One thing at a time for me, I suppose ;)