Videomic vs Videomic pro, looking for advice

Discussion in 'Filmmaking' started by Spincycle76, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Spincycle76

Spincycle76 New to Mu-43

Apr 22, 2014
    Hi,

I am looking to get a decent to go external microphone for my GH3. I have pretty much narrowed it down between the vidoemic and the videomic pro from Rode. I know that the videomic is a lot bigger, but it is also a lot cheaper, and the size is not a big deal to me. I am curious though how it does with sound as compared to the pro having the 20+ db. Does anyone have the videomic (the one with the red base, latest version) and how do you like it with your GH3?

Thanks for the help!

2. Ramirez

Ramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    I have the videomic pro for my GH3 and I like it! I have found the - and + db switch a big plus.
    Sometimes if I have set the volume level when recording a concert and I find the sound to much, I just switch to the - db; very convenient.

I recommend the Rode Videomic Pro; it provides stunning sound!

3. D7k1

D7k1 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Nov 18, 2013
    +1 on the Videomic PRO, got mine when they first came out and the setting can make a huge difference when recording. I've used mine mainly on Nikon DSLR's, and with the 7100 the sound is very good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.