Video with E-PL1 and art filters

Discussion in 'Filmmaking' started by peroni, Jun 17, 2010.

1. peroni

peroni New to Mu-43

Jun 17, 2010
    Hello, was playing with the E-pl1 this past two days and tried taking videos of my kids while also using the art filters.
    Boy does the video become jerky!! Framerate is like 2FPS, ridiculous.

I thought there would be a way to add the filter in post using Oly Viewer 2 but that does not seem to be the case.

Am I missing something or there is no way to use the Oly art filters with video effectively?

2. Mojeska

Mojeska New to Mu-43

Jun 8, 2010
    "...Framerate is like 2FPS, ridiculous."

Are you referring to jerky video playback on the camera, or exported to computer for playback?
    I have read reviews elsewhere that make similar claims regarding poor video performance with some of the art filters (includes the EP-1). I haven't actually tested this myself, but maybe I will just to see if it's only laggy in the camera or exported or both.

3. peroni

peroni New to Mu-43

Jun 17, 2010
    Both, it is just recorded at a very low framerate. Not enough cpu power I suppose

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Wish I could offer some feedback but I really haven't used the video on my camera - except by accident, so far.

I hope there's a fix for this. I will say that using the grainy art filter in the still version does take time, so perhaps that's just its nature. I can see that it would be quite cool to use that filter for a video.

I hope some videophiles will chime in here with their experiences soon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.