1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Video with E-PL1 and art filters

Discussion in 'Filmmaking' started by peroni, Jun 17, 2010.

1. peroni

peroni New to Mu-43

Jun 17, 2010
    Hello, was playing with the E-pl1 this past two days and tried taking videos of my kids while also using the art filters.
    Boy does the video become jerky!! Framerate is like 2FPS, ridiculous.

I thought there would be a way to add the filter in post using Oly Viewer 2 but that does not seem to be the case.

Am I missing something or there is no way to use the Oly art filters with video effectively?

2. Mojeska

Mojeska New to Mu-43

Jun 8, 2010
    "...Framerate is like 2FPS, ridiculous."

Are you referring to jerky video playback on the camera, or exported to computer for playback?
    I have read reviews elsewhere that make similar claims regarding poor video performance with some of the art filters (includes the EP-1). I haven't actually tested this myself, but maybe I will just to see if it's only laggy in the camera or exported or both.

3. peroni

peroni New to Mu-43

Jun 17, 2010
    Both, it is just recorded at a very low framerate. Not enough cpu power I suppose

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Wish I could offer some feedback but I really haven't used the video on my camera - except by accident, so far.

I hope there's a fix for this. I will say that using the grainy art filter in the still version does take time, so perhaps that's just its nature. I can see that it would be quite cool to use that filter for a video.

I hope some videophiles will chime in here with their experiences soon.