Video rig

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jnrandall, May 30, 2013.

1. jnrandall

jnrandall New to Mu-43

Jan 7, 2013
    This is just my version of my video rig setup for my OMD E-M5. I purchased the SEMA-1 and an ePhoto Hot Shoe flash bracket (from Amazon $9). The mic I use is the Audio Technica Pro24CM. This setup works brilliantly for me when I video my reef tank for my Youtube channel. I used to use a Canon 7D and a 24-105mm F4. I sold that plus other gear for this lighter package. I have not taken this setup outside yet to video but plan to do so soon. I am looking to get a variable ND filter to finalize my setup. The lenses I use are the Pana 25mm F/1.4 and Pana 12-35mm F/2.8. I am also considering the 100-300mm F/4-5.6 and/or 7-14mm F/4.

2. Hudson

Hudson Mu-43 Rookie

May 20, 2013
    Thanks for posting. Love the inexpensive bracket combo! I had my eye on the GH3, but the size and stills capabilities of the OMD won me over. Please post up some links to video (with audio) that you've shot with this rig. For audio, do you rely solely on the AT mike, or do you mix/synch with external audio recording devices (like a Zoom)?

I've got the 12mm, 45mm, and 12-50mm, plus some Contax G lenses with a Kipon adapter (the 28,45, and 90mm) that should produce some nice fixed shots.
  3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Yup, I love the bracket too! Great setup.
  4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
  5. jnrandall

jnrandall New to Mu-43

Jan 7, 2013
    Here's the video that I shot (actually this morning) of my reef tank. I used my OMD EM-5 with the SEMA-1 adapter and the Audio Technica mic. No mixing, syncing necessary. Since I was behind the camera for this shoot, I mounted the mic backwards so I could speak directly into it. Sounds and looks fantastic. IMHO!

[ame=""]60 Gallon Cube update - YouTube[/ame]
  6. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Time for a DIY steady-cam rig to go with the bracket!

[ame=]$15 DIY DSLR Steadicam "The Silver Flyer" Stabilizer - YouTube[/ame]

Or other stuff on the cheap ... er, I mean frugal tip.
  7. jnrandall

jnrandall New to Mu-43

Jan 7, 2013
    Nice! :2thumbs: