Video Problem on the G2...can't locate file(s).

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by atrac7, Feb 27, 2011.

1. atrac7

atrac7 Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 13, 2011

Recently I took some videos from my G2 as well as some photos. They were shot in the AVCHD lite format. Well, during playback review on the camera I can see the pictures AND videos, as well as playing back the video on the camera. All seems well.

Then I pop the SD card out of the camera and mount to my Macbook. I cannot for the life of me appear to find the location of the videos. I see photos that were taken, but no files indicating video. Panicking, I thought I lost the videos. I then pop the SD card BACK into the camera, and i can still see the photos and videos, as well as still playing back the videos I shot.

Is there ANY way I can somehow extract these videos?? I have lost hope in doing so from the SD card as I simply cannot locate them when connecting to my computer.

Thanks all
  2. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    On the card there are 3 folders. Movies are inside the Private folder in a folder titled AVCHD. To maintain proper file structures, copy the entire AVCHD folder, with it's contents intact, to your hard drive. Now you have a complete copy of the original video files separate from the card. Remove the card from the Mac.

You can use VLC (a free download - just search for it) to view the clips or use iMovie'11 to import the clips into iMovie. Voila.