1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Video Problem on the G2...can't locate file(s).

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by atrac7, Feb 27, 2011.

1. atrac7

atrac7 Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 13, 2011
    Hello,

Recently I took some videos from my G2 as well as some photos. They were shot in the AVCHD lite format. Well, during playback review on the camera I can see the pictures AND videos, as well as playing back the video on the camera. All seems well.

Then I pop the SD card out of the camera and mount to my Macbook. I cannot for the life of me appear to find the location of the videos. I see photos that were taken, but no files indicating video. Panicking, I thought I lost the videos. I then pop the SD card BACK into the camera, and i can still see the photos and videos, as well as still playing back the videos I shot.

Is there ANY way I can somehow extract these videos?? I have lost hope in doing so from the SD card as I simply cannot locate them when connecting to my computer.

Thanks all

2. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    On the card there are 3 folders. Movies are inside the Private folder in a folder titled AVCHD. To maintain proper file structures, copy the entire AVCHD folder, with it's contents intact, to your hard drive. Now you have a complete copy of the original video files separate from the card. Remove the card from the Mac.

You can use VLC (a free download - just search for it) to view the clips or use iMovie'11 to import the clips into iMovie. Voila.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.